Sign in to follow this  
alfletcher

C172 Panel – full size panel

Sorry for those who download the v1.0 that include a bug in the Checklist actuation side tab.

I’ve uploaded a new installer v1.1 this morning to fix it. 

So If the checklist don't show if you click on the tab, just use the new version.

P.-S. Fun to see how fast the news spread. Already 276 download and many kind comments in my email box.

Thanks

Alan

Hello Alan,

Excellent job on the wide panel and I would echo those positive comments posted. I have noticed two items that I am having trouble with.

1.  I cannot start the 172 from the  wide panel.  I had this issue long, long ago (with default C172) and cannot recall the fix.  Checklist followed, engine cranks but will not fire up.  It will run just fine if I select the "start each flight with engines running" option under XPX Rendering settings.

2. Probably most important, is that since installing the Wide Panel my other C172 aircraft  no longer have power to the comm-nav systems, specifically the radios. 

Am wondering of course if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

Thanks for your assistance.

Edit:  Alan, I noticed that if from a new XPX start and selecting the default C172 I have comm-nav power.

If I invoke Wide Panel and then go back and invoke the default C172 I have lost comm-nav power.

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Already 276 download and many kind comments in my email box.

Well deserved Alan. It's a fantastic piece of work and quite frankly a payware project in my opinion.

Hello Alan,

Excellent job on the wide panel and I would echo those positive comments posted. I have noticed two items that I am having trouble with.

1.  I cannot start the 172 from the  wide panel.  I had this issue long, long ago (with default C172) and cannot recall the fix.  Checklist followed, engine cranks but will not fire up.  It will run just fine if I select the "start each flight with engines running" option under XPX Rendering settings.

2. Probably most important, is that since installing the Wide Panel my other C172 aircraft  no longer have power to the comm-nav systems, specifically the radios. 

Am wondering of course if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

Thanks for your assistance.

Edit:  Alan, I noticed that if from a new XPX start and selecting the default C172 I have comm-nav power.

If I invoke Wide Panel and then go back and invoke the default C172 I have lost comm-nav power.

Chuck

Well Alan with the exception of the cold start now the com-nav power is working... I dunno...so bottom line, never mind.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

Hi again folks,

To answer the question raised by w9nwrwi just be sure to activate the primer pump at least two time. Otherwise not enough fuel come into the system.

Otherwise, regarding the power in other aircraft after using my panel, the problem is related to the state of some dataref left in failed mode. Just reset dataref to all operational if this behaviour still exist after using my panel. I thought a reload would do the job, but obviously not.

Hope it help.

Alan

Thanks Alan,

That did it.  I had only primed it once.  So far comm-nav on other 172 is still ok.

Chuck

Thanks to everyone,

I received so many good comments I’m overwhelm.

Note that the v1.2 is up for grasp. Some minor bugs fixed.

Keep flying!

Alan

For those who didn’t notice, Maciej Swic post a video showing the engine startup procedure of my aircraft.

Here’s the link. 

I plan to release an update (v1.4) very soon fixing minor bugs and including some new stuff.

Happy flight

Alan

Version 1.4 is officially out.

Here’s the changes log.

Ver 1.4 – June 4, 2013

DME receiver added (Bendix/King KN 62A) 

Extinguisher now fully functionnal. Follow Emergency Procedure if cabin fire occurs.

Added a hidden switch over the pilot’s yoke to set input mode if yokes flicking occurs.

Fixed a bug with the Variometer showing inaccurate vertical speed rate.

Fixed a bug preventing the Transponder breaker to fail the device in specific configurations.

Fixed a bug with the Autopilot device regarding altitude hold and ILS (GS) tracking.

Fixed a bug in the Flaps actuation system preventing fixed increment adjustments with joystick input.

Fixed a minor bug related to Vacuum gauge needle not turning off when electrical power fell below critical voltage.

Starter sound improved.

Happy flight

Alan

http://www.talisman-illustration-design.com/turbulence/files/C-GSEN_C172SP-WidePanel_v1.4.jpg

Thx!

Great panel / systems simulation, pushing XPX to the limits !!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'm sorry to join this awesome party so late and revive a 3 year old thread but I really wanted to make some key comments on this panel project.

#1 - This is hands down some of the absolute best artwork I've ever seen for flight sim 2D panels. This is how all 2D panels should look these days and it's sadly unfortunate how developers have, for whatever reason, left 2D panel design to rot in the dust while only focusing on virtual cockpits. I'm glad to see someone with great artistic skills make a set like this. This shows how great 2D panels can be so job well done sir! And it's too bad I don't use Xplane but this gives me a reason now. And while I do love Virtual Cockpit's too, I think diversity for both game style enjoyment and more formal training is very necessary for everyone, even for home simmers who don't aspire to be real pilots.

Unfortunately as of summer 2016 when I'm writing this you still cannot find any 2D panels of sufficient quality for modern displays. Everything I've found on all the top download sites is still from the FS2002 / FS2004 era of 1024 x 768. Most are all still old grainy 4:3 ratio panels with a small handful of exceptions where people may re-edit these for 1280 x 720 / 16:9 at most but I've yet to find any other high quality modern day HD panel sets like this. And even if old ones are enlarged or resampled they still look way too game like and appear unprofessional. The other half of the coin is that all the old 2D gauges were also made small, with small bitmaps, typically 150 x 150 or less for a standard panel gauge which in real life is 3" in diameter which roughly equates to 500 x 500 pixels. I just can't believe that we are now in mid 2016 yet are still stuck with small 4:3 cartoon like 2002 era panels. It's just totally weird. Even some of the aircraft in Prepar3D such as the King Air 350 and Baron 58 are flashbacks to this era of 15 years ago. I can't believe they haven't updated them at all!  They're just horrid by today's standards.

#2 - Secondly, and most importantly for this thread I would like to point out that you've actually got some key things wrong with your panel set Mr. Fletcher. The Cessna Skyhawk SP (which is actually just the S model and is only called SP for marketing) is a fuel injected 180hp aircraft (unless you buy the Turbo-Diesel model). Your panel as currently illustrated is;

A; missing the proper fuel pump switch for Cessna 172 models R and S (SP) and,

B; it should therefore not have a carburator heat knob / pull lever for any R or S model nor a primer lever as those two cockpit items were only used in earlier carburetor models such as the 172N, Q, and P (or earlier) to reduce the possibility of carburator ice build up due to low pressure in the venturi created during low power settings. The R model was in fact the first to have electronic fuel injection and thus required a fuel pump switch. I have flown all of these extensively in real life and know first hand of the differences. So you could claim your panel set to be a P model if the fuel capacity is correct too, but I also don't think any P model (or earlier) has the grey instrument panel either as they were typically tan. I'm sure these two or three things will be very easy to amend and correct. And hey, you might as well keep or release this original set for the N and P models anyway, but again, you may want to change the panel color to tan for the N and P models and keep the grey for the R and S models. I'm sorry to be a stickler for realism but it seems like that is certainly what you were after.

#3 - I would love to see this set available (as well an actual R and S model) for Prepar3D and if you would be willing to provide the artwork alone I could easily outfit them with all the gauges and would upload them to Avsim and or any other sites so that many other people could enjoy them. Again, I think what you've done here is quite exceptional and is beautiful and would it be nice to share with an additional audience. If you have a class on artwork creation I'd also sign up tomorrow as I want to know how to do what you do!

#4 - I would really like to see this set broken down into several other panels for cockpit builders (in addtion to the full cockpit panel) as a break down option would help a lot of people and could cover a much wider audience as not everyone has a 32" or 40" display for something like this. Not everyone wants to see the entire cockpit on screen but would certainly appreciate this level of high quality detail. As a real pilot myself, I would like to have this set as is but I also feel it would be optimal to also break it down into at least 4 or 5 other smaller panels, ie, a pilot side and copilot side panel (both IFR style full screen at 1920 x 1080 or 1920 x 1200 for 24" display users) and have both of these without the lower sub panel included which I would create as a pop-up panel because you only use the lower switches during start-up and then climb, cruise, decent, and before landing checklists so it does not need to be in view at all times. This also helps the main gauges to remain larger and more true to life in size.

#5 - If you want to do this for the "other guys", meaning all us folks who use FSX or Prepar3D I'd be very happy to help out as I am well versed in using FSPanelStudio. Your panel art is what led me here in the first place as I was looking for a high quality and functionally accurate panel set for the Cessna 172. And lastly I would definitely prefer to have all three models of P (carbed 160hp), and then R (EFI 160hp), and S (EFI 180hp). Again, all three have subtle but very important differences pilots must be aware of for real flight training.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_172

https://atpflightschool.com/students/downloads/ATP-Cessna-172-Training-Supplement.pdf