Sign in to follow this  
Jason.A

Nose Pitching up and Down durring climb/descent

Buy Activesky 2012 and Stop using the crappy FSX Default weather and this will clear it up.
I am currently using ASE for weather.I do not own FSUIPC.I have disable turbulance in FSX checked.Are there any ASE configurations that work well with the NGX ? Edited by highkoo

Jason Aerts

The only time I had that was after a "refueling" through the FMC during one of my first flights, as I would have been bingo fuel.Never met after that, as my fuel planning of the NGX is now good.

Well im not sure but have u installed the latest fsuipc? http://forum.avsim.n...winds-fix-here/ as this solved all the wind issues for me
Just purchased FSUIPC and followed instructions here http://forum.avsim.n...t-with-the-ngx/barring the change on page 2 which states to keep both FSX weather checkboxes unchecked.Still getting massive n1 speed hunting, and a bit of left to right. Edited by highkoo

Jason Aerts

Mmm.. i think you should submit a ticket over at HIFI's site, im sure they will nail it for you if its related to their product.

Chris Howard

Yes I've seen this pitch oscillation, not very often, but a definite oscillation. Not seen it very often with the latest service pack.I don't believe it's weather related. Personally, i have all the weather fixes.I recall this some years ago in the PSS 757. It turned out to be a minor centre of gravity issue.

Edited by martin-w

Anyone else having this issue?
Yes, and I fixed it by using the settings in ASE to edit the FSUIPC.ini file and the settings in ASE. It's all in the manual..They call it autpilot hunting in the manual..It goes left and right, too.You need to disable weather in FSUIPC before you do it, then re-enable it after restarting FSX..it still does it a _tiny_ bit in very strong tailwinds, but I guess it does in RL too.. Edited by quadraspleen

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Just purchased FSUIPC and followed instructions here http://forum.avsim.n...t-with-the-ngx/barring the change on page 2 which states to keep both FSX weather checkboxes unchecked.Still getting massive n1 speed hunting, and a bit of left to right.
In FSUIPC...Set wind smoothing to 8 knots per second.Tick the suppress turbulence box and the two next to it.

I've noticed this as well. In my case it does it with or without weather, I don't think its weather related. And it only happens when the autopilot is engaged.

Jacob Fuqua

I've noticed this as well. In my case it does it with or without weather, I don't think its weather related. And it only happens when the autopilot is engaged. Me too - with the 747X. Definitely not weather related.Gerry

Just Purchased and tested AS-2012, everything seems much better, accept during descent i got a near constant up....down....up....down oscilating motion.This is driving me nuts :(

Jason Aerts

Ryan hit it right on the head, those quick weather changes which I use /rex 2. For example you are going down from 35,000 ft to 25,000ft atc says now you are going diwb 300 knots all of a sudden you are going down 330 knots autopilot disconnects and plane is going right and left and trying now to gain control, Other have this issue as well ? thank /ryan for your excelllecent explanation, regards Ronny

I have the same problem, SP1b, latest ASE build and FSUIPC 4.7. I use DWC, and have disabled turbulence and gust effects through FSUIPC.On climb I normally do policy of 280 (VNAV), and for small wind changes of only 1 or 2 knots - giving and IAS of say 282, autopilot pitches aircraft up suddenlyseveral degrees to return to 280. On descend I have a more slow "bobbing" motion, where I get "stuck" 40-50 ft either above orbelow profile in this bobbing motion. Engage V/S, put myself perfectly back on profile and re-engang VNAV, and a/c leaves profile with40-50 ft and stays here bobbing it's way down. Can't see how it could be weather related either. Winds are not changing.Geir.

On the TurbulenceDivisor=40,40, listed below you should change the EIGHTY, EIGHTY to the actual number which is double the value of 40. The reason I can't put it in there without spelling the word is because AVSIM has A VERY AGGRAVATING AND ANNOYING ( mega_shok.gif ) EMOTICON that keeps coming up any time the number EIGHTY is used in the forum. (Tom Allensworth Look Above Please!)NGX SP1B, Activesky Evolution, FSUIPC 4.7 FSX.cfgChange the following Values to the one listed belowTurbulenceScale=0.500000FSUIPC.iniChange the following Values to the ones listed belowTurbulenceRate=0.5,2.5TurbulenceDivisor=40,40,EIGHTY,EIGHTYDisable Turbulence either in FSUIPC or in FSX / Be sure your using DWC Mode in ASE. Use a reasonable Cost Index of 40 or less with the NGX.NGXSP1B, Activesky 2012, FSUIPC 4.7FSX.cfgChange the following Values to the one listed belowTurbulenceScale=0.500000FSUIPC.iniChange the following Values to the ones listed belowTurbulenceRate=0.5,2.5TurbulenceDivisor=40,40,EIGHTY,EIGHTYDisable ALL Weather settings in FSUIPC, Do Not Disable Turbulence Anywhere! / Be sure your using DWC Mode in AS2012. Use a reasonable Cost Index of 40 or less with the NGX.

Edited by UAL115