Sign in to follow this  
continentalpilot1

How to set up weather radar pmdg 737-8/9

Wrong topic you're asking your questions. There's a dedicated PMDG forum here and also a subforum dedicated to the NGX.The NGX doesn't have a weather radar nor will it get one (use the search function)TCAS is described in the NGX manual, so please read it first.

does anybody know how to set up the weather radar in the pmdg 737 ngx and also the TCAS, i'm a noob with this airplane
PMDG say that the weather radar cannot be simulated accurately enough to do it. Basically the weather engine only occurs around the 'player' aircraft. There are many, many, many threads on this.The first reply is a good idea, you should try the tutorial flight, but the basic process is, click in the centre of the button controlling the radar range and move the switch over to TA/RA on the centre console near the Squak code.Hope that helps

Ian R Tyldesley

If you do a search in the forum, there are a few threads that explain how to add a radar if you are so inclined

Jay

I'm wondering if an overlay is possible like I did with the Level-D EHSI. I can dig that old mod up if anyone is interested in trying it on the NGX. Basically the radar was displayed correctly under the map, and it looked as if Level-D themselves had done it. Operated by an authentic reproduction of the WXR 2100.As matter of fact, that mod was also available for the old PMDG NG.This one: http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=114417

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I'm wondering if an overlay is possible like I did with the Level-D EHSI. I can dig that old mod up if anyone is interested in trying it on the NGX. Basically the radar was displayed correctly under the map, and it looked as if Level-D themselves had done it. Operated by an authentic reproduction of the WXR 2100.As matter of fact, that mod was also available for the old PMDG NG.This one: http://www.flightsim...howtopic=114417
i heard that the VC shot in your link had been photoshopped, and any Wx merge with the LDS 767 was only on the 2D panel.are you saying you have a working EHSI / Wx2100 radar merge in the virtual cockpit and not just for the 2D panels? Edited by flyguy172

i heard that the VC shot in your link had been photoshopped, and any Wx merge with the LDS 767 was only on the 2D panel.are you saying you have a working EHSI / Wx2100 radar merge in the virtual cockpit and not just for the 2D panels?
Like I said, I had the mod myself. No photoshopping, I promise. Worked like a charm.Edit. Damn, I think you're right. What add on am I thinking of then? Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

not for VC though
Look through the thread, there are instructions for both 2D and the VC

Jay

I'm wondering if the OP was referring to the 'terrain' button? Maybe this is the display he was asking about?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Edit. Damn, I think you're right. What add on am I thinking of then?
It's FSWXR2100.