Sign in to follow this  
Nixon

Longest taxi times

I just remember my AF flight from EDDF to LFPG taking the scenic route from the gate to runway 18. It was Dec 27, 2010 and Europe had been blanketed with snow the days prior.Luis Linares

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Btw, the runway at EHAM is called 18R/36L. Usually, when the wind is coming from the southeast, runway 24 is used for takeoff, and 18R for landing. With wind from the north, 36L is used for takeoff (also very long taxi), and 36C/36R for landing. With eastern wind, 36L for takeoff, and 06 for landing. With western wind, 27 for landing, and 24 for takeoff.

CYYZ, LFPG and KJFK if you're a FDX.

Edited by mbucholski

I spent more than an hour taxiing from terminal 8 to rwy 22R once at KJFK. The traffic levels were incredibly heavy, to say the least.

Colgan Air B-1900D, 2.5 from pushback KLGA to wheels up,Real life.99F with crappy vapor cycle air condtioner. Could smell melting flesh of PAX."La Garbage Conga Line".

Edited by BIGSKY

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Even with minimal traffic, Rwy 10/28 in KATL takes a while. Problem is that it is only assigned when there's lots of traffic.

This past Cross the Gulf leaving Miami was pretty long....about 30 minutes for me from the gate to wheels up......

Several years ago at LFPG (DeGaulle) landed 27R and then taxied to Terminal 2. For those unfamiliar with deGaulle, 27R is on the north side near Terminal 1 in the NW corner of the airport. Terminal 2 is in the Southeast corner. It is a very long way (5-6 miles ) and took over 40 mins. This was an Air France flight which would normally land on 26L or 26R which are on the south side of the airport. And this was early in the morning when traffic volume was not high. BTW, the A/C was a B777.

Regards,

Claude Franklin

To add some extra confusion; 06 and 27 are never used for take off and 24 and 09 only rarely used for landing. Menno
Not wanting to nitpick, but 27 in fact is used for takeoff. Granted it doesn't occur very much, but a few time a year we are treated with westerly takeoffs.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

New York City.... you'll wait for cab for hours, then get driven around the entire city for a one-city-block taxi ride.Money%20Eyes.gif :(

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

This past Cross the Gulf leaving Miami was pretty long....about 30 minutes for me from the gate to wheels up......
Dang! I was leaving Orlando bound for Miami and Orlando Delivery, GND, TWR, and Approach kept disconnecting. I spent almost 30 minutes getting clearance and taxi.