Sign in to follow this  
Guest JetFueler

New Gravel Runway Textures

Guest JetFueler

Earlier today I had uploaded a replacement gravel runway texture to the Avsim library. Since, i have had a few questions regarding compatibility with FS9. I have been told that it works just fine as is with FS9 and I have asked the library staff to update the library listing accordingly. At any rate, it was orginally designed for FSX so it is higher resolution than the default FS9 textures but will work just fine. I have given permission for a lower res modifaction some one has created if you would like a 256 sized file. Just wanted to clarify things for everyone! Hope you all enjoy!

Earlier today I had uploaded a replacement gravel runway texture to the Avsim library. Since, i have had a few questions regarding compatibility with FS9. I have been told that it works just fine as is with FS9 and I have asked the library staff to update the library listing accordingly. At any rate, it was orginally designed for FSX so it is higher resolution than the default FS9 textures but will work just fine. I have given permission for a lower res modifaction some one has created if you would like a 256 sized file. Just wanted to clarify things for everyone! Hope you all enjoy!
Ian,I can't answer your question about FS9, but I can tell you that it works excellently in FSX with REX running. Great job.

Guest JetFueler

Thanks Tom! Like I mentioned, I have been told that it works well as is with FS9 even though it was designed for and works as intended with FSX. I just wanted to clarify for anyone who wanted to try it with FS9. I am glad it seems to be getting recieved so well!

Hi Ian, That file you uploaded caught my eye as well... I'll try it in FS9 over the weekend... :good:Regards,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Any link to it please? I'll give it a go in FSX I'm looking for a runway surface tex, Wayne

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Guest JetFueler

It is in the Avsim Library now. It is in the list of new files on the main page right now in fact. It is now listed as an FS9 file since FS9 addons tend to be generally compatible with FSX, however, it was made for and tested in FSX. It just happens to work in well in both sims.

Thanks for telling us all your software megs8888 I have a 1920*1080 monitor and your sig takes up probably half my screen!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I just had to have this and downloaded it as soon as I put it up in the Library. Does it work in Fs2004 you say? Well it looks pretty darn good from my point of view!Apologies for the default Cessna LOL, not re-installed Carenado. :(

Thank you for doing this Ian. I have often wondered why we have stuck with some of the quite poor original stock FS textures for so long, and thought that maybe there was some kind of issue involved in replacing them with upgraded textures. I'm glad to see that's not the case. So all you designer geniuses out there - how about some other improved textures like sand, PSP etc??? im%20Not%20Worthy.gifCheersThe Other Ian

Guest JetFueler

I am glad it is being so well recieved! Turf and probably dirt runways are on the way at some point. I will try for as soon as posible!

I am glad it is being so well recieved! Turf and probably dirt runways are on the way at some point. I will try for as soon as posible!
Great news! Thanks

Hi JetFueler, and many thanks for your work.I tried out your replacement textures in Alaska at several unprepared strips and the effect is fine. :Kiss:Maybe it's just me however I believe the ROADS also benefit (?) from this texture. Has anbody else noticed this result?

Guest JetFueler

As far as I am aware, the runway textures are called upon exclusively for runways. I haven't looked for the road textures but I know that at least the paved roads have their own. It is very possible that another add-on has altered your roads- either way it sounds like the roads look good!

Sorry for undigging this old topic, but are the textures still available somewhere? I cannot find them in the library..

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team