Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

Display performance. Expecting too much?

Brought this up in somebody else's thread but as it was off topic, i thought i would start a new thread.After playing with settings for weeks i am more or less back where i was two months ago and that is with Ryan's 8s Inspector configuration (to the letter) with my specs as below and FSX settings as per the PMDG suggested settings except my water is at 2x low. (Inspector v1.9.5.9 - 290.53 drivers)On the previously mentioned thread Word Not Allowed posted a short panning video of his NGX VC. When comparing mine to that, i'm just about the same and just as smooth. However when taxiing, i still seem to see micro stutters in the turns. At least i think that's what i am seeing because it just doesn't look quite as smooth as when panning.Is there something else i am missing in the FSX config for instance. Or am i just expecting too much.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Brought this up in somebody else's thread but as it was off topic, i thought i would start a new thread.After playing with settings for weeks i am more or less back where i was two months ago and that is with Ryan's 8s Inspector configuration (to the letter) with my specs as below and FSX settings as per the PMDG suggested settings except my water is at 2x low. (Inspector v1.9.5.9 - 290.53 drivers)On the previously mentioned thread Word Not Allowed posted a short panning video of his NGX VC. When comparing mine to that, i'm just about the same and just as smooth. However when taxiing, i still seem to see micro stutters in the turns. At least i think that's what i am seeing because it just doesn't look quite as smooth as when panning.Is there something else i am missing in the FSX config for instance. Or am i just expecting too much.
Use 8xQ instead of 8xS.I've asked Ryan over and over to put a disclaimer in that thread, but to no avail. Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Yes sir
Thanks Zach. But do you figure that will improve the micro stutters in the taxi turns?

Rick Hobbs

Thanks Zach. But do you figure that will improve the micro stutters in the taxi turns?
I'd really like for you to try it and see. It will take 2 minutes to test. Please, go try it. Change the Inspector settings and try it. Lol Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

that s what I used with inspector latest edition and I have 580 gtx with a 980x processor running at 4.4 ghz and at any major airport like jfk kord lax etc unless you have setting down a bit will always see microstutters. I follow to the t for aa 8xq and I have tried so many different setting so I can understand your feelings, so sometimes when flying the ngx just expecpt it cause I like the candy part. and thesse are all frame killers which will cause microstuttters.use ut2 airlines trafffic set at 75% and when you come into a place like jfk or lax lots of planes on the groundautogen run to the maxwater is at 2x no reason tooo make it highercars can be hitters as well so I keep it at about 12%weather - oh man this could really kill you and this is when I get that notorious message runnning our of memolry cause I also have 6gb but thats cause I am running a lot of these things very highfor addons I use utx gex and rex 2 overdrive.Bottom line fsx was coded badely and you just cant run things at max and have to adjust your aa, water, airline traffic, according to where you are traveling. Sure if I travel in the middle of Misouri or Indiana everything can run at max theirs onlly farmland and country, fsx can be frustrating but you just have to make adjustments, stutterting can also be caused by heat issues, thats very important so watch your tempsFinally I have now very few changes in my fsx cfg, basically the ones that PMDG recommends.hope this helps you out, Ronny

Edited by rsperge

I'd really like for you to try it and see. It will take 2 minutes to test. Please, go try it. Change the Inspector settings and try it. Lol
Well you were right Zach. Using the 8SQ profile in Ryan's General forum thread made almost no difference in FPS yet the micro stutters in taxi turns are just about gone and i have the added bonus of better quality display.Now i'm curious. How can higher Inspector settings reduce or eliminate stutters? I would have bet on the oposite.Many thanks,

Rick Hobbs

For those striving to get the best balance between eye candy and performance where anti-aliasing is involved, here is an interesting Tomshardware articlehttp://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/anti-aliasing-nvidia-geforce-amd-radeon,2868.htmlMake sure you don't miss the second part of the article.