Sign in to follow this  
bakaman

THE NGX experience at almost 5GHZ ! "as real as it gets"

Awesome video! So smooth, like buttah. And a very good advertisement for FSDT KLAX, it looks truly breathtaking.

Would like to have a chat about your system later, I'm looking to get 2500K as well soon, but only air cooled.
I thnk it'd be better for your system (especially if you overclock it) to get smth like Corsair H80 or H100. Much better cooling for your CPU and not a really big fuss to install.

If you're building a new system with (extreme) overclocking in mind, the H80 or H100 is indeed a very good option. If you already have a good air cooler lying around, I wouldn't bother with the Hydra series.

Hi !Read 8th post please.
Huh, sorry, dont see it. :( IMHO 1.42 is little high for 32nm... Im stopped on 1.36&4.6 after reading this thread.

Huh, sorry, dont see it. :( IMHO 1.42 is little high for 32nm... Im stopped on 1.36&4.6 after reading this thread.
Hi again! no prob here.See i have read tons of topics about this and even intel draws the line at 1,5v and as i said it im way below this. Furthermore the cpu is not constantly fed with 1,42v its just the max. average is 1,38 to 1,40v. Im not talking about the article you mentioned, but DONT TRUST all you read on forums because you'll get crazy !! LooL Edited by bakaman

Sympa ta vidéo Kaman. Congrats! :(

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

If you're building a new system with (extreme) overclocking in mind, the H80 or H100 is indeed a very good option. If you already have a good air cooler lying around, I wouldn't bother with the Hydra series.
Yea I did some research before I overclocked my poor i7 950 (bit better, still not good, and wasn't a successful overclock). For that I purchased a Noctua NH-D14, which I saw great reviews on.My desktop sits in Australia, with quite hot ambient temperatures, so that doesn't exactly help as well. I assume I can get my i5 2500K (when i get it) to run 4.6GHz with that cooler if say the average ambient temperature is around 30C?

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Sympa ta vidéo Kaman. Congrats! :(
Merci! très touché!
Yea I did some research before I overclocked my poor i7 950 (bit better, still not good, and wasn't a successful overclock). For that I purchased a Noctua NH-D14, which I saw great reviews on.My desktop sits in Australia, with quite hot ambient temperatures, so that doesn't exactly help as well. I assume I can get my i5 2500K (when i get it) to run 4.6GHz with that cooler if say the average ambient temperature is around 30C?
yeah but IMHO you gotta see it as a maximum !! (talking about the freq)

What do you mean seeing the freq as a maximum?

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Hi Arjen! I saw your vid of TNCM: I bet you are happy with your system, coz the vid looked great. Concerning my settings, my freq is set like this: 100x49 and a max vcore at 1,42. I've set in a way that when the cpu doesn't need much voltage, it idles itself. Max temps are right under 63C.
Thanks for watching my video too! The video looked laggy there, but that's because of fraps. Normally at TNCM I'm getting around 30 fps. :) With fraps around 20, including the lag it looks even worse. Do you have any better ways of recording so this lag doesn't happen that much?Thanks!

What do you mean seeing the freq as a maximum?
I'm Saying that when in a hot room, cooling a CPU has a limit , because the fans blow ambient air in your tower case so .....if you want to lower your cpu temp you must go with liquid cooling. I'm talking about my own experience: I did try my A70 during last summer and the limit was 4,5 to 4.6Ghz. Keep in mind that it may be lower than that for others people with different rigs. Once again, just my experience and my opinion.

Very very nice. :(

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD