Sign in to follow this  
northridge

E-Jets, v1, v2 or Regional Jet

Fancying something small, nible and different from the usual suspects, which is "best"?E-Jets: v2 I know are larger variants of v1 but are they more than just that - any major improvements in "reality" and grafix?I know theat the Regionals are a different kettle of fish: - have they too taken any steps forwardin quality terms?Do those McPhat textures suck up grafix resources?Thanks

Fancying something small, nible and different from the usual suspects, which is "best"?E-Jets: v2 I know are larger variants of v1 but are they more than just that - any major improvements in "reality" and grafix?I know theat the Regionals are a different kettle of fish: - have they too taken any steps forwardin quality terms?Do those McPhat textures suck up grafix resources?Thanks
I wouldn't attempt to say which is "best" - it's too subjective. The V2 has a pop-up MCP which is nice; OTOH, you can do a minor mod that will provide a pop-up in the V1. The McPhat textures don't seem to hurt performance a bit - if you can run REX you'll be able to run these. The ERJ is excellent - best on the market. All are very different from Boeings or Airbuses and a pleasure to fly. I have them all for FS9 and FSX.DJ

Hi,I have them all and I think they are all great, however the E-Jets may have a little edge over the regionals.(also technically because they were developed later)Personally I like the E170 the best.Bottom line, I depends on your personal likings. The regionals have FADEC and no auto throttle.So if you are looking for these kind of functionality, The E-Jets would be your choice.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Another vote for the both the ERJ and E-Jets. Can't go wrong with either. I personally love the ERJ. It has no autothrottle ( the real ERJ doesn't have one either). When it comes to hand-flying, it's awesome.Todd

Well worth the money. They sent me a newsletter offering the planes at 50% off. I don't know that the offer is still good, but you might check.

"Going to let you into a little secret, darlings" - (I´ve been watching old clips of Dame Edna) - but Ive had the v1 E-Jets for a good while and love them.Since the iFly 737 came out the E-Jets have been at the back of the hangar but yesterday I went LIMJ-EGPH and although I couldn´t remember how to set it up properly for an ILS it was brilliant: with the MCP mod its nice to work in the 2D (the default MCP grafix are atrocious and unreadable) and once you´re familiar with the layout the 3D worlks well in flight, from the outside it looks fine to me (whether correct or not) and its just different enough from a Boeing (radio functions via the FMC for example) to make it challenging after several flights in the trusty 737.From your reply it seems that the v2 doesnt offer much more than cream on the coffee.Im surprised that you said that the ERJ is older - the Feelthere site sells the it as for FS9 and X and doesnt suggest its an older model, which is naughty of them.Since the original E-Jet release there have been a number of indie-repaints in Euroland liveries which has widened its appeal, so I will be sticking with what I have and save my $.Thanks for the replies - lets hope our enthusiasm prompts others to give it a try.

with the MCP mod its nice to work in the 2D (the default MCP grafix are atrocious and unreadable)
Where can I get the new MCP textures?thanks

Im surprised that you said that the ERJ is older - the Feelthere site sells the it as for FS9 and X and doesnt suggest its an older model, which is naughty of them.
there is nothing 'naughty'. the ERJv2 has FS9 and FSX native models. the Ejetv2 has FS9 and FSX models. again NATIVE MODELS!ERJ v2 was released in late 2009. Ejet v2 was releasd in late fall 2010. so one is 'older' than the other, not less 'capable'. and for the third time both have NATIVE FS9 AND FSX MODELS.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Where can I get the new MCP textures?thanks
I'd like to know too please.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I'd like to know too please.
The MCP mods are not textures, but a simple mod to the panel config that makes a large MCP popup that is doesn't exist in the 170/190 models but is stock in the 175/195 models. In the 170/190 the MCP lettering is so small as to be virtually unreadable especially for us old folks. The mod is easy - I took the original Window04=SimIcons and its content and made it Window11 since it's useless as a popup and made Window04 the popup MCP/APwindow04=AP[Window04]background_color=0,0,0size_mm=1075,160window_size_ratio=1.0visible=0nomenu=0window_pos= 0.330, 0.470zorder=1gauge00=EJet!AP, 0,0,1500,170Now you can pop it up with Shift+5 and actually read it. The 175/195 gives you a built in popup with click spots for opening and closing it.... I don't take credit for this; one of the users on the FeelThere forum came up with it and made a lot of friends!DJ Edited by ubersu

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

to "feeTthere Professional":What I wanted to express is that it would be "nice" if developers clearly staed the original product release date and those of any subsequent and significant updates. Saying that a product is "native" to FS9 does not say how old it is, and marketing an FS9 product alongside its FSX version might lead a new customer to think that they are of the same vintage.Since my original post I have seen a friends FS9 ERJ and there is no doubt that it shows its age, so Im really glad I bought the E-Jets which are are brilliant and a firm favourite for shorter hops.Regards