Sign in to follow this  
Tom Wright

Wierd Artifacts

Hi,I thought artifacts were an FSX phenomenon but playing with the XPX demo (RC2) this morning on approach to KSEA in the Baron I saw this:Baron_58_1.pngBaron_58_8.pngThey were difficult to catch because they're momentary before they reappear somewhere else, but you can see the black triangles in the pictures? They're not only black, but all sorts of colours. Anyone seen this?

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I get that when I turn HDR on. I filed a bug report with screen shots several weeks ago, but it wouldn't hurt to have multiple reports.

I've posted in the bug report sub forum over at X-Plane.org with the same images and see what comes back. I might try with HDR off. I'd just started to get a solid 30fps at most places and when shooting an approach into KSEA noticed that. Wierd! The only thing i've changed since last time is i'm now using the new nVidia beta drivers (290.53). Not sure whether this is related or not but worth noting.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I seem to get a few anomalies if i mix HDR and Global Shadows,I run with shadows off now and HDR on which seems to have sorted things out for now.....i'm using the 280.26 drivers....Card is a GTX560.Interesting i'm just finding these bugs after upgrading from a GTS250.Global Shadows and the 285.62 drivers gives me psychedelic colours,which i think is known about.

It went away when I switched off HDR, and my FRs doubled! It's a shame though because I like the HDR effect.

Tom Wright

The only thing i've changed since last time is i'm now using the new nVidia beta drivers (290.53). Not sure whether this is related or not but worth noting.
I don't think it has anything to with the latest drivers since I'm running on Linux with drivers a couple of interations back.