Sign in to follow this  

Hi there,I am using SbuilderX to deploy photoscenery on some islands. I know how to do so but the problem is apperantely my Ram.I have 4gb DDR3 1800mhz, and the software is using round 1.3gb and as displayed in the image below i cant do more then those selected tiles. If i try to do so, the program will pop a window saying that the "map could not be created".Any idea how to atleast I can chose which tiles I dont want to show maybe it reduces the amount of ram being used?There is already a show/hide option but its for all the maps/tiles and still it doesnt help cause the memory usage wont get reduced.I have searched the help file but couldnt find any info regarding this issue im having :sad:Please note that I found a work around but, its hectic as i have to save tiles on different (.sbp saves?) and i dont want to miss/confuse/or clutter the "work" folder without knowing which .BMP/TIFF is a certain .SBP using.I hope someone can understand me and guide me to a different solution :)_______________________________________________EDIT: Is this issue related to it too? Im having it all the time after i close SbuilderX and try to reload the .SBP saved file.I dont rly want to start over again :(Kind regards,Shadowzy

Edited by xtrshadowzy

The process for creating a "Map", that is, the complete source bitmap for your project, requires a lot of RAM, more than you might think. There is:- space for all the individual tiles that are downloaded and will be used to create the complete image- space for the complete image- space in which to work and put the tiles togetherIt is therefore very easy to exceed available memory. And, SBuilderX is a 32 bit program and comes up against the memory limitations inherent in that.What can you do? Make smaller selections of your area, each one covering only a part of what you want. You will have many bgl files and they may overlap, but that doesn't really matter, since it is all the same image.Best regards.Luis

The process for creating a "Map", that is, the complete source bitmap for your project, requires a lot of RAM, more than you might think. There is:- space for all the individual tiles that are downloaded and will be used to create the complete image- space for the complete image- space in which to work and put the tiles togetherIt is therefore very easy to exceed available memory. And, SBuilderX is a 32 bit program and comes up against the memory limitations inherent in that.What can you do? Make smaller selections of your area, each one covering only a part of what you want. You will have many bgl files and they may overlap, but that doesn't really matter, since it is all the same image.Best regards.Luis
Hi Luis,Ok so im gonna keep doing what i did so far.What about the "cant display maps" error? is that related to the memory too? it happens every time i try loading a .SPB i was working on before.The only way i found was to start over and over again :(Thanks for your help,Best regards,Shadowzy

SBuilderX will display the "Can't display Maps" error specifically when there is insufficient memory.Best regards.Luis

SBuilderX will display the "Can't display Maps" error specifically when there is insufficient memory.Best regards.Luis
Ok Luis, I found out that i cant have more then 500/550mb worth of BMPs loaded at the same time, so i split the load on 4 .SPBs keeping note what is using what and now im picking up the pace :D.Thanks again for the info!Best regards,Shadowzy