Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

J41 SP2 any chance of ever seeing this?

Seeing as the Turboprop forum seems to be ignored, I ask here regarding the promised SP2 for the J41.Can we ever expect to see this?Thank you.

The SP2 isn't going to be anything major if we were to release one guys - there's a new gauge for the FMS that fixes some very rare crash issues, plus a small fix to one of the 2D panels. That's basically it. If anyone wants those, submit a ticket and I'll send them to you.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Oh well, 11 months of waiting :-(Must have been a late decision I guess.

-Iain Watson-

The SP2 isn't going to be anything major if we were to release one guys - there's a new gauge for the FMS that fixes some very rare crash issues, plus a small fix to one of the 2D panels. That's basically it. If anyone wants those, submit a ticket and I'll send them to you.
Nothing for the flashing texture issue?

That isn't something we can fix - it's caused by the FSX engine. We've never actually reproduced it ourselves here - only certain people see it and it seems to be related to some hard global limit on polys or animations in FSX - it's not just the airplane, it's everything in the FSX "world", which is what makes it so hard to trigger. Everyone begged for rain and ice on the windshield and all that - this is the price of doing things like that - the only likely "solution" we'd have for it is to get rid of those features, which you can already do via the config manager.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan, I was hoping a SP2 would include new landing lights, similar to what you did with the NGX. This is becoming the norm now, and many developers are doing it. My thoughts were once you know how to do them, then applying them to an addon would be fairly quick and simple. Am I wrong on this?

Ryan, I was hoping a SP2 would include new landing lights, similar to what you did with the NGX. This is becoming the norm now, and many developers are doing it. My thoughts were once you know how to do them, then applying them to an addon would be fairly quick and simple. Am I wrong on this?
I'm not Ryan, but can answer your question just the same. Expecting a service pack for new features is just bad expectations. Service packs fix existing issues. New lights for the J41 like the NGX has isn't something as simple as adding lights as you might with A2A's Redux lights, and besides "...This is becoming the norm now, and many developers are doing it", isn't true at all. To their new products, yes, but who exactly has taken these new features and then gone back to all their older aircraft and applied them? Not trying to argue, just explain. All the old aircraft have old code, the best answer is in PMDG's own answer in stating the fact the NGX code is the new way for all new aircraft. Coded from the ground up.Now onto the actual SP, it is sad that's all it entails (or would if now being put as "if we decided to do one"). There are a few annoyances & annomolies that have nothing to do with the above mentioned that a lot of people have that can be read in the J41 forum. All of which are right on top.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Volumetric lights and FMS holds were never on the list for a J41 SP - those are very significant amounts of development time. Remember there were extra features already added in SP1 - it didn't have any 2D popups prior to that, options were added to the config manager, more robust FMS waypoint support was added etc. This was never intended to be a hardcore study-sim like the NGX is - there's a reason it's $45 instead of $70 or more. It's 2 1/2 years old now and I just don't see us going back to do more major development on it. As I said earlier, if you experience any CTDs etc I have an updated FMS gauge that should fix that, but aside from that I don't see us doing anything else.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

I was hoping that my spoilers would work one day, but I guess they never will....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Mr. Ryan Maziarz,please help me. I've tried to get support via " http://support.precisionmanuals.com ". After my registration, I dont get a verification email.Please, can I get the new gauge for the FMS and so on.My order for PMDG BAe JetStream 4100 was placed September 05. 2009, 09:51.Thanks for your help.Best regardsHeinz Dieckmann

Hello,Could PMDG just release the SP2 as is. Or call is spmething like SP1a or something from the Website? No everyone will see this post IMHO.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I was hoping that my spoilers would work one day, but I guess they never will....
What's wrong with them? Again, this was not something that was ever on a service pack list - they work fine here as far as I've ever been able to tell.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg