Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

J41 SP2 any chance of ever seeing this?

The spoilers never visually deploy, Ryan. I have checked them from the external view just after touchdown (and after applying reverse prop pitch), but they never move. They are always armed before take off, and when I apply reverse prop pitch after touchdown, the green light comes on (which I assume is supposed to mean that they have been activated).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Same here. I found a weird "sweetspot" though that others have said doesn't work for them. What I do is wait until the last minute to arm them and they deploy. If I arm them any sooner than say, 500', or maybe over a minute, no deployment at all. I stop though since I bought that Fred Flinstone addon that plants my feet on the tarmac.Edit: That last part was a joke by the way. It's really Barnie.

Edited by Turbine777

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I've never had an issue with the spoilers, and I arm at TOD. My memory is hazy, but I seem to recall that landing too fast doesn't let them deploy or something weird like that.But. can everyone who wants an SP2 to address an issue they have go up and re-read Ryan's first post in this thread? He will send you the files you need to make the fixes the SP2 would address. I don't have any major issues with the J41 and that is the primary bird I fly. I would hope they eventually get around to releasing the SP because it strikes me as something non-forum users out there might want, but he essentially told everyone that he'll send you the meat if you ask. I'm not really sure what more you could want immediately. Ryan, what is the CTD issue? I get CTDs from time to time in the J41 like any plane, but is there a speicfic "thing" I should look at vis a vis the FMS that would clue me in that the gauge would fix the issue?

Speaking of reading what Ryan wrote, maybe you should check that out post out before telling us to read it? It is for a specific issue and one I don't have a problem with Doug.Good to know that you can arm at TOD, a lot of us have no luck at all, yet mine work if waiting til the last minute. I post this stuff to maybe find out why and not as you put it.For those that might know, here are things I've ruled out.Many reinstalls with many different configurations.No logs with pmdg aircraft sadly so no help there.I often fly into default airports also for what it's worth to those that might know.Too many addons to list so very possible something else geting in the mix which is what I've suspected all along since it doesn't happen to everyone.The icingflashing texture artifacts I also have, but don't care at all about having that option on. Disabling it has always worked for me.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi,I seem to recall one of the reasons SP2 was originally slated was to fix the bezel lines issues. I seem to recall that the edges of the guages had a 'see through' slit so to speak all around the perimeter. Running some high AA and AF helps a little....but still quite noticable jumping into the J41. Wouold be nice to see that corrected, because otherwise - she runs beautifully for me!Thanks,Matt Stachowski

Ryan, what is the CTD issue? I get CTDs from time to time in the J41 like any plane, but is there a speicfic "thing" I should look at vis a vis the FMS that would clue me in that the gauge would fix the issue?
Most were very rare cases involving saved route files. If you're not seeing the J41 crash right after you select it in the menu, the updated dll will do absolutely nothing for you.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I have no issue with the spoilers deploying. Make sure you're not trying to confirm with the FSX replay function.

Kyle Rodgers

I think that sp2 or sp1a or whatever should be put in the support area so people would decide if they want to download it or not. I bought the plane in aerosoft so I don't know if it is possible a ticket from me. Please always let decide the users to download or not.Other thing about the flashing textures and triangles. Maybe there is a way you could send people a debug program to have all the information from users. That way you would have more testers, so you could find the problem.And another thing....I make planes for x-plane. Mine is the CRJ200 so I understand that everyplane cannot have infinite support. BUT you could work a little with the Jetstream and other airplanes and have some extra cash. Ideas:1. upgrade the 747 with new programming and sell the upgrade2. jetstream upgrade and sell it.that way you would be happy because you have more money.. and users happy because they have better planes. That is an idea.. only that. You have control....

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

I think that sp2 or sp1a or whatever should be put in the support area so people would decide if they want to download it or not. I bought the plane in aerosoft so I don't know if it is possible a ticket from me.Please always let decide the users to download or not.
It does absolutely nothing for people who aren't having issues - no point - there are no functionality changes.
Other thing about the flashing textures and triangles. Maybe there is a way you could send people a debug program to have all the information from users. That way you would have more testers, so you could find the problem.
We did this - it's not coming from our code, it's FSX getting overloaded.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

In case my post got overlooked......what about the bezel lines issue? Is that going to be addressed? I'm talking about the transparency issue around certain gauges? Fortunately I don't have issues with spoilers or the FMC and the flashing artefacts I've resolved by turning down the settings.....its just those bezel lines....and she'd be complete!Cheers,Matt Stachowski

its just those bezel lines...
Matt , Any chance you could post a screenshot of that? Or a link of someone elses screenshot? Never heard of one (well, other than your other post).

Dan Prunier

Hi Dan....no time for screenie.....trying to type and hold an agitated 5 week old over my shoulder (parenting fail blum.gif) but here are some links to other posts:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/271722-cockpit-bezel-lines/page__st__50__p__2101638__hl__bezel%20lines__fromsearch__1#entry2101638http://forum.avsim.net/topic/326010-j41-sp2/page__p__1922821__hl__bezel%20lines__fromsearch__1#entry1922821http://forum.avsim.net/topic/284181-those-j41-nasty-bezel-lines/page__p__1835321__hl__bezel%20lines__fromsearch__1#entry1835321Myself, as others, see an improvement with some hard core AA setting....but still there. See last link.....was in Vin's to do list.Cheers,Matt Stachowski

I have no issue with the spoilers deploying. Make sure you're not trying to confirm with the FSX replay function.
Well, the spoilers should also visually deploy when using the replay function (just like every other payware addon plane that I have). However, I have checked in the replay, and also from an external viewpoint during the landing itself.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have no idea about the replay option, or anything that Kyle mentioned. I'm coming in plenty slow enough (often slower), spoilers armed and no dice. No announciator, no spoilers. Like I said though, this didn't just start happening, and after a couple FSX reinstalls (not to get this working) I've never seen them work as one would expect. I never sat and installed each of my addons one by one just to test out if the J41 works or not either (nor would I). My work around, works, but it's still a work around, not a solution. Just knowing what it was that was interfering with it would be fine by me. I have nothing installed that I would uninstall just for the J41 or any aircraft.Funny too how so many answer these things with "well it doesn't happen to me so therefore it must not be a bug". Ummm, Okie dokes, folks.@ Chistopher, Are you using FSRecorder? I thought it had the option to show it all now? I have it, and use it for my videos, but most of the time I record live or don't have the camera on those areas to see.

Dan Prunier