Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

Realair Turbine Duke engine deice

Hi there,I'm looking for the engine anti-ice (engine deice) switches.There are several anti ice features on the Turbine Duke.-fuel vent anti ice (left/right)-prop anti ice-wing ice-pitot/stall horn anti ice-windshield anti ice.The annunciator panel in the screenshot above indicates that there's engine anti ice as well (called L ENG DEICE and R ENG DEICE)I even have the L ENG DEICE switched on (via FSCaptain control panel) in the screenshot above but for the love of god I can't seem to find the switches for L ENG DEICE and R ENG DEICE on the T-Duke itself. I searched the manual, the web and even mailed Rob Young but to no avail.Can anyone enlighten me so that next time my right engine won't flame out in icing conditions :( Thanks in advance!!

Edited by Holland_Holland

RobdeVries.jpg

Come on guys, more than 100 views at the moment and no one know's an answer? Some of you must know these plane inside out?!Zane where are you? Anyone there?

RobdeVries.jpg

Lower left switch area if I recall.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Lower left switch area if I recall.
Ryan is correct; all of the de-ice swtiches are to the left of the left yoke.Are you certain the right engine failure is due to icing?

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Ryan, Rudi, There's no engine anti ice switch left low. Only-fuel vent anti ice (left/right)-prop anti ice-wing ice-pitot/stall horn anti ice-windshield anti ice.Darn the Piper Cheyenne has it neatly laid out above your head with huge rocker switches.Rudy, Yes it's icing and not hot temp. I'm running the engines neatly in the green. I use FSCaptain and it has the awesome hazard package which causes engine flame outs in icing conditions. Im able to switch the L ENG DEICE on from within FSCaptain interface but not the R ENG DEICE (confirmed in the annunciator panel of the Duke).So I searched for the ENG DEICE switches in the Duke itself but could not find them.It should be there, but perhaps Rob/Sean did not model them although there's an entry in the annunciator panel for them (click the screenshot above).I think the PTA6 (-31) did not have engine anti-ice installed from the factory but as a after market option (?).So we're not there yet :( :Big Grin:Rob

RobdeVries.jpg

Oh I see what you're saying... not sure if the engines have that option or not.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Remember that aircraft often share common parts, including annunciator panels. I've had cars with extra lights next to the usual oil temp etc. lights that were not connected to anything because those features were only found on the more expensive versions.So it's very possible that you're looking at an annunciator panel from the B200 parts bin, for example.

Nope after a thorough look into the checklists, it's even an item in the before take off checklist.

Runup:Power — 1900 RPMITT/ TRQ — MonitorPropeller governors — ExerciseEngine ice protection — CheckGyro pressure — Check

RobdeVries.jpg

Turboprop engine deicing is accomplished by heating the props. Turn on the PROP HT switch on the bottom of the DE-ICE switch panel.

Hi Big_Duke, thanks for replying. There are several ways of deicing. Look at this small YT snipet

The drop in engine RPM (more specific torque) is something close to real life. Some websites says it's taking about 14% away from the torque when engine anti-ice is switched on. Most engine anti-ice systems use hot compressed air (called bleed air) that is tapped off the compressor section of the engines to prevent ice. So it reduces then available compressed air for burning fuel I guess.I found a nice NZ aircraft icing handbook on icing and it's dynamics and way's of anti-ice/deice: http://www.caa.govt.nz/safety_info/GAPs/Aircraft_Icing_Handbook.pdf Edited by Holland_Holland

RobdeVries.jpg