Sign in to follow this  
moey124

I just Bought the PMDG 737 Expansion pack

Hey Pmdg Moderators I just bought the expansion pack and installed service pack 1b for it, now i am expercing a bit of a problem i when i take off i cant seem to turn on my autopilot.. why is this so? what do u recommened me to do? the light on the autopilot switch goes green for a sec and goes back off. please help me out with this thanks.

most likely your airplane is just not trimmed.

You haven't configured it properly

Dave Taylor gb.png

To more thoroughly explain, the Autopilot is likely not engaging due to the aircraft not being trimmed properly. If you are applying input to the control surfaces, pulling back on the yoke for example, the autopilot will immediatelly disconnect. So, after take off, and you are above 1,000 feet AGL, trim the pitch so that only light control inputs are necessary to keep the aircraft at a 15 degree nose up. Then release the controls and press the CMD button. A second or two later, the PFD should have a green CMD above the artificial horizon. If that doesn't work, let us know and we will see what else might be at issue.

Go to the options in your CDU and disable realistic AP engagement. With it enabled, there can't be any control inputs when trying to enable the AP. The aircraft has to be trimmed & stable.

okay so if i keep the aircraft at 1000 ft after take off then i hit the autopilot button. then it should illuminate green? am i correct what i am saying? and how do you trim the pitch?

The aircraft must be at or above 1000ft AGL for autopilot engagement (I thought it was 400ft for pitch and 40ft for roll but possibly wrong). Trim the elevator using either the big trim wheel next to the throttles or the Home/End keys on the keyboard.

Edited by W1ll

okay will give it a shot later and see how it works.... one more question how do i do a clean unsitall of sevice pack 1 b for the expansion.

Should have the trim set before takeoff. That's why the trim setting is stated in the CDUon the takeoff page. And yes, you can engage at appx 400 ft AGL. That is the legalminimum altitude. You don't have to wait for 1000 feet. If you watch the PDF, you can seewhen you are "able" to engage. You will see the modes light up with green boxes around them.Once you see that, you can engage if you want to.If you trim before takeoff, it should take little if any extra trim diddling after takeoff, unlessmaybe you decide to engage much later than 400 ft and instead fly a good distance by hand beforeengaging.I have two for/aft keys assigned on my pseudo yoke that will adjust trim, besides the usualFSX keys, and the trim wheels in the plane. But I rarely if ever need to retrim before engagingat the lower altitudes of say 400-500 feet..

errr.. PDF.. Should have said PFD... Maybe I have adobe on the brain today.. :/

Another way to make sure the aircraft is in trim when engaging the 'autopilot' is to follow the F/D (Flight Director) and make sure it has the cross-hair centered and you are not actively trimming the aircraft via the trim wheel or yoke inputs.Regards,jen noulet

the 2d cockpit faces down how to get the cockpit back to its normal position that's giving me a problem

Should have the trim set before takeoff. That's why the trim setting is stated in the CDUon the takeoff page. And yes, you can engage at appx 400 ft AGL. That is the legalminimum altitude. You don't have to wait for 1000 feet. If you watch the PDF, you can seewhen you are "able" to engage. You will see the modes light up with green boxes around them.Once you see that, you can engage if you want to.If you trim before takeoff, it should take little if any extra trim diddling after takeoff, unlessmaybe you decide to engage much later than 400 ft and instead fly a good distance by hand beforeengaging.I have two for/aft keys assigned on my pseudo yoke that will adjust trim, besides the usualFSX keys, and the trim wheels in the plane. But I rarely if ever need to retrim before engagingat the lower altitudes of say 400-500 feet..
+1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776