Hi,I've recently bought a new steering wheel for my computer and I'm wondering whether it's possible to use the pedals within flight simulator. I'm not sure whether this is possible as they connect to the steering wheel which is then connected to my computer. I don't want to use the steering wheel for control as I already have a joystick. I would appreciate it if anyone can offer any advice on how to go about doing this if it is indeed possible.Cheers,

Don't think it's possible, FS can only support one joystick (device) along with the default keyboard actions. Good idea, though!

Guest jahman
FS can only support one joystick
FSUIPC4 allows multiple devices. What you would have to do is assign both the gas pedal and the brake to the rudder. then you need to calibrate the brake pedal for full left deflection with the pedal full down and no deflection with the pedal full up. Similarly for the gas pedal, except full right with the pedal full down. John Cook's FSUIPC4 Guide will get you started.Mind, there's a whole bunch of other great stuff than comes with FSUIPC4 as well, so it's worth your while!Cheers,- jahman.

FSUIPC4 allows multiple devices.
I wouldn't know, i'm a Fs2004 man, and the poster didn't state what Sim he is using :wink:But right you are!

I wouldn't know, i'm a Fs2004 man, and the poster didn't state what Sim he is using :wink:But right you are!
FSX supports multiple peripherals out of the box. And since you mentioned it, you said *FS*. One would assume... Besides, since when did FS9 only support one peripheral? Or have I been away from that old dinosaur for that long?! Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Cheers for all the info guys. Managed to get it working pretty easily in the end as my pedals have an option to change them so they both control the same axis. Therefore I could just map that axis to fsx rudder control and it was as easy as that.I imagine it would be a fairly longer job without being able to merge the axis on the pedals though!Cheers

Edited by titansteel11

Guest jahman

Yes, merging the two pedals would be the easiest option. But assigning the two pedals separately via FSUIPC4 would take 5 minutes at most. Also FSUIPC4 will save you from G3D.dll CTDs with certain complex sceneries.Cheers,- jahman.