Sign in to follow this  
delamar

Can i run the PMDG 737 NGX well?

Hi, i know that i should be the best person to answer this question but i'd like to know before i buy the package if my computer is likely to run it well.I have a mackbook pro (i know it's not the best computer to play fsx...), and i have fsx installed on windows 7 32bits through bootcamp. It has a 2.8Ghz dual core intel processor, how do you think it will run?I have wilco airbus and it runs well but i know the 737 NGX is much more complex.BTW - does the 737 NGX come with a weather radar? Never saw one in the videos i saw, but it might have been my mistake...

The NGX is lighter on FPS than you could think of its systems. It should work all right but don´t get too optimistic.And no, there is no weather radar simulated because PMDG said this wouldn´t make much sense cause it wouldn´t work correct because of the FSX wather enigne which is very crappy.

Hello, i have the same doubt, i wish to install fsx, PMDG 737NGX, Active sky, REX, fs global and good sceneries as FSDT,FLYTAMPA, or Aerosoft. The pc i'm gonna buy is an I5 2400 quad core 3.1 Ghz with motherboard Asrock H61, 8Gb RAM DDR3, AMD RADEON HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 and win 7 home 64bits

Hello, i have the same doubt, i wish to install fsx, PMDG 737NGX, Active sky, REX, fs global and good sceneries as FSDT,FLYTAMPA, or Aerosoft. The pc i'm gonna buy is an I5 2400 quad core 3.1 Ghz with motherboard Asrock H61, 8Gb RAM DDR3, AMD RADEON HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 and win 7 home 64bits
Why don´t you just change from the i5-2400 to an 2500k and an P67 board? With that you can oc the hell out of it and won´t have any problems.

If I can run the NGX smoothly on my system (and I do)....you all should do ok.

If I can run the NGX smoothly on my system (and I do)....you all should do ok.
Do you use addons like fsdt, flytampa or aerosoft sceneries, Active Sky, REX and fs global?

Why don´t you just change from the i5-2400 to an 2500k and an P67 board? With that you can oc the hell out of it and won´t have any problems.
because is the only option in that store, i just find other store with this option: AMD FX-4100 (4X 3.60gHZ 4MB L2 CACHE), AMD RADEON HD 6770 1GB, Motherboard ASUS M5A97-AMD970

because is the only option in that store, i just find other store with this option: AMD FX-4100 (4X 3.60gHZ 4MB L2 CACHE), AMD RADEON HD 6770 1GB, Motherboard ASUS M5A97-AMD970
I wouldn´t take this, AMD CPU´s aren´t as good as Intel ones.But what about building your system yourselfe? Check out the hardware forum, there are some very helpful guys arround.btw. you are from Reon? I just took the NGX 737-700 down there. Coming from Portland as SWA 394. Pretty stiff crosswind on final but everything went well.

Do you use addons like fsdt, flytampa or aerosoft sceneries, Active Sky, REX and fs global?
My sig lists everything I run. I'd probably run more, but disk space has become a limiting factor until I can get a new hard drive installed. I shy away from custom scenery a bit as it might slow things down too much...it's a 2006-7 laptop after all. ;)

I wouldn´t take this, AMD CPU´s aren´t as good as Intel ones.But what about building your system yourselfe? Check out the hardware forum, there are some very helpful guys arround.btw. you are from Reon? I just took the NGX 737-700 down there. Coming from Portland as SWA 394. Pretty stiff crosswind on final but everything went well.
YES! I just got that option from ibuypower dot com, you choose the hardware and they build it, i choose AMD because i heard many times than AMD videocard and processor are better to run MSFS, and it's cheaper, i got quad core 3.6Ghz cheaper than a similar intel brand.Yes i'm living at Reno, and this week has been so windy and snowy, strong wind from west makes nice crosswind approaches to runway 34L or 16R, I like approaching to KRNO because is kind of procedures i love surrounded by mountains, try the visual approaches, are so funny! I also fly KPDX-KRNO-KPDX with the Southwest bird, is one of my favorite flights on flightsim :(

YES! I just got that option from ibuypower dot com, you choose the hardware and they build it, i choose AMD because i heard many times than AMD videocard and processor are better to run MSFS, and it's cheaper, i got quad core 3.6Ghz cheaper than a similar intel brand.
I'm wondering where on Earth you've heard this. I know it wasn't these forums, and it's common knowledge that Intel has the faster processors. "Cheaper" is a relative term, by the way. These days a 2500k system can be had for about the same as an AMD one. What's more, an Intel Sandy Bridge will eat any AMD up all day in literally every task, especially FSX.I strongly urge you to reconsider. Use my signature as the baseline for building a custom system with someone who offers this hardware. As building your own apparently isn't an option, iBuypower is a decent option, but there are others out there. If you don't have the cash, wait. We're not blowing smoke, here. The Intel is better suited for FSX. Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I'm wondering where on Earth you've heard this. I know it wasn't these forums, and it's common knowledge that Intel has the faster processors. "Cheaper" is a relative term, by the way. These days a 2500k system can be had for about the same as an AMD one. What's more, an Intel Sandy Bridge will eat any AMD up all day in literally every task, especially FSX.I strongly urge you to reconsider. Use my signature as the baseline for building a custom system with someone who offers this hardware. As building your own apparently isn't an option, iBuypower is a decent option, but there are others out there. If you don't have the cash, wait. We're not blowing smoke, here. The Intel is better suited for FSX.
OK, maybe i forgot to say i'm not an expert on computers, that's why i'm looking for some help. I read that on some latin forums on spanish language instead here in USA technicians an flightsim forums says Intel processors and ATI videocards are the best. I also saw an I5 2500k (4x 3.3 Ghz 6mb L3 cache) has the same price as an AMD FX-4100(4X 3.6 Ghz 4MB L2 cache), now the new question is, what is better?

I'm wondering where on Earth you've heard this. I know it wasn't these forums, and it's common knowledge that Intel has the faster processors. "Cheaper" is a relative term, by the way. These days a 2500k system can be had for about the same as an AMD one. What's more, an Intel Sandy Bridge will eat any AMD up all day in literally every task, especially FSX.I strongly urge you to reconsider. Use my signature as the baseline for building a custom system with someone who offers this hardware. As building your own apparently isn't an option, iBuypower is a decent option, but there are others out there. If you don't have the cash, wait. We're not blowing smoke, here. The Intel is better suited for FSX.
And the videocard is ATI radeon HD 5570 1GB

I own an AMD 5870 and would not recommend it for FSX. Whilst it's not the worst, it is not as good as an Nvidia especially in terms of anti-aliaising and cloud performance. Also, it is pretty common knowledge on most of the 'big' fsx forums that Intel processors are superior to AMD in how they deal with FSX (and in general). Go with Intel.