Sign in to follow this  
Curt.B

Nav freq on PDF .

I have went over the flight tutorial several times and when I flown the tutorial flight everything went as planned but when I applied that training to my first flight from KSTL St Louis Mo to KSPI Springfield Ilinoise , I'm in flight and I have the nav freq and the local course showing in the PDF and when I get about 25 miles or so from the the arriving airport the freq display in the pdf changes to the ILS identifyer and never establishes the G/S. Plane continues to fly directly over the airport .I know that there's several things that could go into this, But if somebody that is very good and knows what there doing and has about 20 min or so could immulate my flight and see what i'm not doing incorrectly. If anybody wants to do that then heres my flight plan DEPART RUNWAY 30L FROM KSTL ST.LOUIS MO. TO KSPI SPRINGFIELD IL ILS RWY 04 ,NAV FREQ 109.50 ,ISPI is the Identifyer. Thank's to anybody that could do that for me.

Assuming you actually have the ILS dialed up, you may be above glideslope beforeengaging NAV/ILS, or APP.. The usual default requires you to be below glideslopebefore selecting either of the two. I always select app if I'm going to let the planestart the descent on the glideslope, and I'm already below it.PDF? chortle.. it must be adobe day... I did the same thing a few minutes ago..chortle..

Could be a mismatch between the FSX "world" and the data the FMC is using (which is current and up to date per the real world). Open up the FSX map and see what the ILS freq/crs listed for that runway at KSPI is. If it shows nothing that means the sim doesn't even have an ILS there in its world data, which is pretty common unfortunately. FSX's data is something like 7 or 8 years old now if you don't have addon scenery. In some cases it's pretty easy to use a tool like Airport Design Editor to add the missing ILS through an AFCAD file...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thank you both for the reply's, But yeah, I tried both of those ideas before posting . Now that I have had time to think about it for a while, logic is telling me that i'm doing something wrong while programming the fmc. I will let you guy's know shortly if I have it figured out ...... as for as the pdf , havn't you heard of the PRIMARY DIGHT FILLET lol , thank's again, I will let ya know what i find

I may have been more clever if i would have said Havn't you herd of a PRIMARY DLIGHT FISPLAY..... or not! Anyway my hunch was right about me setting up the fmc wrong, There was a waypoint that was put in automatically called HUSKY that even though it was past the assigned runway , the plane would bypass the runway and head for that way point, so by deleting everything beyond the airport runway solved the problem, I still don't know how or why that waypoint shows up unwanted but , anyway I learned something today.

Hello anonymous,You need to sign your name on your posts.Was it HUSKY or HUSKK?HUSKY is 470nm SE (Atlanta, Georgia area).HUSKK is your ILS/LOC RWY4 LOM 5 nm final.

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Thank you for the reply! My mistake, It is HUSKK . Since this was my first rought that I tried setting up ( exept for the tutorial flight) I got a lot to learn, but i guess my next question and it may sound silly is if the HUSSK is my ILS /lock then why isn't it before the runway instead of after? I mean thats why my plane was flying over the airport to get to HUSKK , after all i'm coming in from the south and roughted strait in but the HUSKK if i'm not mistaking is north of my approach, I guess that why I'm still confused. Sorry, I'm in the very early stages of learning this and i know that once i get ,it's going to seem like a silly question to me even.

Hello anonymous,You need to sign your name on your posts.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/359178-posts-in-this-forum-require-signatures/It is SW of the airport.

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Thank you for taking the time to look that up, I'll study that and see what i'm doing wrong. Right now i need to find out how to sign my post's , I went in to my profile and it then to signatures but i still don't know how to sign I'm feeling like dunce right now.

After typing your post.Hit enter 2 times.Type your name.Then Post your post.

Best Regards,

Thank you for taking the time to look that up, I'll study that and see what i'm doing wrong. Right now i need to find out how to sign my post's , I went in to my profile and it then to signatures but i still don't know how to sign I'm feeling like dunce right now.
From My Settings/Signature, there is a box at the bottom of the page. Put your name in there and press save changes.*If all that is done, make sure you have the "Enable Signature?" button selected in the more reply options (Full editor). That button is on the right of the text box.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Thank's to all for the reply's and help. Special thank's to vonmar for helping land this bird safely.