Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

Descent question....

Sigh, I uninstalled 6.0.5, installed 6.0.6 and then the patch.... and now rather than fixthis decend-to-early problem, it completely broke the thing, when I try to start it up Iget a FATAL ERROR.....GRRRR, I seem to recall this problem, and of course must have fixed it on the oldversion which is now deleted...Someone want to jog my memory?

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

Jack, Be sure to run the indexer again and also the panel setup tool.

NAX669.png

I got the same thing also, sometimes it works well and other times I get the error.and Yes I did run the Indexer

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Joel, Very strange. I rarely get the Fatal Error message, and when I do it's usually something that I did or failed to do. I sure wish this version worked for FS9 as well.

NAX669.png

only started a week ago immediately after I Upgraded from v6.0 to v6.06 (Uninstall and Install).

Joel Strikovsky

Since I started to only use Ivona voices it hardly to never crashes anymore. I did find ound that some voicepacks are responsible for cashes.

I ran the indexer as well, I thought maybe it was the particular aircraft, but Itried two different ones and both had the error. I will do more troubleshootingbut I ran out of time last night.I keep thinking of buying Ivona also, but have always choked on the price, Ido get really tired of the freebie voices though, maybe I'll give in :)

DUH, just realized from reading another thread that I forgot to rerun the U2bridge thingieafter the reinstall, I bet that's behind this problem. Will check tonight.

Since I started to only use Ivona voices it hardly to never crashes anymore. I did find ound that some voicepacks are responsible for cashes.
+1 on that - except I wish they weren't so darn expensive.

do get really tired of the freebie voices though, maybe I'll give in :)
I gave in...

Joel Strikovsky

Problem solved, I think it was just the way I ran the installer. I was being lazyand did not extract, I just ran from the archive. After I tried installing 6.0.5 inthe same way and also had the FATAL ERROR it occured to me that I betterdo the extraction, and then run the installer as admin. Well, that fixed it.I also went ahead and got the 30 day trial on the Ivona voices... ah bliss,they are SO much nicer than the voxpop stuff. Of course this means thatI'm gonna have to belly up and buy them in a few weeks...oh well :shok:I am testing a flight in the NGX from KPDX to KLAS at the moment, we'll seeif all this hassle actually fixes the early descent issue, lol...

BAH, it didn't really do any good as far as I can tell. Got told to descend70 miles before the FMC calculated point, and FSBuild showed TOD alittle earlier but not more than 20 miles diff, so what is this thing doingthat's getting it off by so much?

Odd how v6.06 is not up on the Vox website and still shows 6.05 which is what i currently run.I'm about a quarter way through my IVONA trial and getting quite used to them now along with still using VoxPop but i can see myself investing in a set of these IVONA voices once the trials up. They are very good so i will have to decide which set i go for.

Kind Regards

Simon.

I'm now completely ignored. Did a flight from KSEA - CYVR tonight and after I got to the cruise ATC decided to ignore me the rest of the way. When I asked for decent I just got the unable reply everytime. What's up with that? On 6.06 and indexer ran after I patched, using the PMDG 738

when that happens , just disable and re enable Vox.that would sort it.I had similar situation once flying to EDDM, being ignored by Approach while being only 16nm from the RW with no RW assigned or a landing procedure.diasbled/enabled Vox and I was back in the game , controller did not dare on ignoring me.

Edited by Akila

Joel Strikovsky