Sign in to follow this  
Socrat

FSM Moving Map or similar program

Hi.My biggest problem was that when I wanted to use map, I would must to have it out of FS so to open map I would need to pause game. That wouldn't be good. Or to install second monitor (but I was lazy to do so) but alway swhen I want to change map, I must pause the game that's the same problem. So I did not use the maps, instead that which is in FS.I recently found one add-on that almost seems perfect to me, because I can open any map that I want in the FSM Moving Map while I fly in game. But I also found that I can't select different map when I am in game, so I can't change it, so this program is not perfect. Advantage of the FSMMM is that I started to use maps and I removed the aircraft pointer to get more realism. But than I said, I would like to have there also the Departure and Approach charts. So it would be good to have similar program like FSMMM to view CHARTS but all in one. So I want to ask if such program is there in the world. I know about possibility to edit the FS9/Aircraft/kneeboard_keys.htm and to change it to work to view charts. It wouldn't be so hard but maybe there is some program that does something similar?

Edited by Socrat

FSCommander will be good for you. It's a flight planner too, and can connect to VATSIM.Eytan

FSCommander will be good for you. It's a flight planner too, and can connect to VATSIM.Eytan
I've checked these two videos:http://www.google.cz...jUgMKFg&cad=rjahttp://www.google.cz...MebE9Ug&cad=rjaAnd it seems to me it is not what I look for. It is too complicated. I don't look for flight planner, but just a possibility to open a map or chart in FS in the kneepad if possible. Or something like kneepad. Maybe they just did now show what I should see in the video, idk. Edited by Socrat

I use the wonderful "FS Navigator" for my FS2000, FS2002, and FS2004 Sims. Solo and Multiplayer flights.Perfect for on-Line Multiplayer. Real-time tracking of all Pilots on the Map.Probably the best alternative/equivalent would be; "FS Commander" for FS 2004 and FSX, as mentioned above...>>> http://www.fscommander.com/My FS Navigator is the reason why I only use my FS 2004, (It wasnt modifed for FSX).Paul... :( ...!

Edited by Fozzer

pdfkneeboard13.zip (in the AvSim Library) is one addon that allows you to view any .pdf charts/maps via the KneeBoard. OmniNotes (also in the Library) is yet another way to go.

pdfkneeboard13.zip (in the AvSim Library) is one addon that allows you to view any .pdf charts/maps via the KneeBoard. OmniNotes (also in the Library) is yet another way to go.
I like the pdf kneeboard. It is really simple module. I'm glad to find it. Thanks.