Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

NGX and FSInn

Hey guys,I just want to inform you that there could be an problem with the NGX and FSInn. I wasn´t able to make one full flight with the NGX after installing FSInn. Prior to that it was rock stable and no problems overall. I had several CTD´s in various locations with the 737-800 NGX and everytime the faulting module was FSCOPI~1.OCX located in the FSInn folder. I have now deleted FSInn completly and hopefully it has fixed it.

Hi Steffen.I have been using FSinn for several years and I use it with PMDG form the first day I have purchased NG and never had a problem. I had issues with squawk box. FSinn much more stable than squawk box. Never had any issues with FSinn and NGX

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Hi Steffen.I have been using FSinn for several years and I use it with PMDG form the first day I have purchased NG and never had a problem. I had issues with squawk box. FSinn much more stable than squawk box. Never had any issues with FSinn and NGX
Same here...it's odd (but within the realm of FSX!) that each of us can have such different experiences with addons like FSInn.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

+1

I just made a flight (Which ended in FSX closing while minimizing) but everything else worked well. I´ve also noticed that the performance was a lot better than with FSInn installed.

Just a shot in the dark, but make sure that you start FSInn from W7s start menu and not from the Modules menu in the sim itself

Just a shot in the dark, but make sure that you start FSInn from W7s start menu and not from the Modules menu in the sim itself
Well, while these CTD´s occured, FSInn was shut down.

I have used FSINN Since 2006 and no problems with flying on VATSIM. I can even do up to 18 hour flights with the PMDG 747, MD-11 and 7 or 8 hour flights in the NGX with out a single crash. It's all about having your sim tuned and configured correctly. I Always start FSINN from inside FSX from the add-ons tool bar and never had a problem doing it this way.Make sure you have the uiautomationcore.dll fix for starters, as FSX has a well known bug that if you right click the menus to many times in a flight it will force a crash at some point. Also running in window mode is much more stable than full screen if you have to multi-task during you flight. Edited by UAL115

I've been running FS-Inn with absolutely no problems. However, there may have been initial problem/error messages I cannot recall now. When I got the error message, I just typed the error text into Google - and got a solution. Anyway, I had FS-Inn installed WAY before installing the NGX - with other PMDG aircraft already install; no probs. Best of luck to you! I prefer FS-Inn over Squawkbox (I used SBox for years before turning to FS-Inn).

Well, and I have to say that I'm a total novice in online flying and thus FSInn overwhelmed me a bit. I find Squakbox a lot easier to use.