Sign in to follow this  
JMNC

Anti ice question

Is there any problem to fly the 737 with tat of -19 with anti ice off??

Ice is not modeled with the NGX so you can just leave anti-ice off permantely cause it is not doing anything at all.

Edited by UAL115

Ice not modelled in FSX. But if you're trying to be realistic, anti-ice is normally used when flying in clouds or visible moisture (rain, snow, sleet) and temps are at or below freezing.

Ice not modelled in FSX. But if you're trying to be realistic, anti-ice is normally used when flying in clouds or visible moisture (rain, snow, sleet) and temps are at or below freezing.
Close. Visible moisture and +10C OAT/TAT until -40C SAT climb and cruise. +10C in descent.

Matt Cee

Close. Visible moisture and +10C OAT/TAT until -40C SAT climb and cruise. +10C in descent.
Thanks for the info, i was wondering what the correct temps were.Andy Blake

Icing may not be modeled, still it is a good idea to handle anti-icing according to the books. Decent planning will be a little more of a challenge.

Dave P. Woycek

I have been playing around with a neat little freeware addon gauge that can be found at avsim. It adds a bit more icing effects and other consequences to flying through icing conditions with AI off or failed.it's simply called "ice gauge" and can be found in the avsim library.It works well with the NGX (although some of it's added features are ignored by the NGX). If placed correctly in the NGX panel it does not effect the normal functionality and features of the NGX.JB

I know Buzz is going partly down the road I was going to go down, but if you want an interesting ice interaction (reality in FSX can be debated til blue in the face), then give FS Captain a shot with all of the hazard features enabled (http://www.fscaptain.net/). Icing can and will impact your NGX flight when in conditions conducive to icing if you do not take preventative action, which your FO will warn you about. Makes for some interesting flights! FS Captain works very well with the NGX.

Edited by Burnspot

I know Buzz is going partly down the road I was going to go down, but if you want an interesting ice interaction (reality in FSX can be debated til blue in the face), then give FS Captain a shot with all of the hazard features enabled (http://www.fscaptain.net/). Icing can and will impact your NGX flight when in conditions conducive to icing if you do not take preventative action, which your FO will warn you about. Makes for some interesting flights! FS Captain works very well with the NGX.
Excellent idea... I have tried FSCaptain and it's nicely done, but unfortunately I'm not interested at all in the other features other than the Hazard pack.I wish there was a way to only get the hazard pack installed, without all the extra bloat of the rest of the application.FSCaptain also simulates Engine ice acumulation that will cause a flameout. Interesting, not sure how that feature wprks with the NGX as PMDG has specifically coded flameouts to cause auto relight.JB

Excellent idea... I have tried FSCaptain and it's nicely done, but unfortunately I'm not interested at all in the other features other than the Hazard pack.I wish there was a way to only get the hazard pack installed, without all the extra bloat of the rest of the application.FSCaptain also simulates Engine ice acumulation that will cause a flameout. Interesting, not sure how that feature wprks with the NGX as PMDG has specifically coded flameouts to cause auto relight.JB
Unfortunately, I haven't given FSC a chance to cause a flameout and see what happens, lol...been trying to remain a responsible captain for my virtual passengers. ;)On my installation, it's a tug of war between FS Captain and Air Hauler for play time (you can use them together also), but I don't consider FSC to be too bloated; it packs a lot of good data into the rather diminutive FCOM and provides a pretty good environment to fly in. It certainly killed the boredom factor in FSX for me. :D Edited by Burnspot

yeh me too..wouldn't fly with out FSCaptain .have to make sure the anti ice is on..flame out on the taxiway is not good.that long taxi back with one engine seems to take forever :sad:steve-0 :(

Tonight I was doing a flight and my nose was up 5-10 deg for part of it, and everything was fine, all the systems, weight, speed, CG, alt, everything. Someone gave me the idea to see if it was an Ice problem, and so I turned on the Anti-Ice for the engines and wings. The minute I did that the nose went down to 1-2deg, or normal.

So, is the Ice simulated?? If it is, the PMDG doesnt give any warnings or anything.

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein
777-300 FS Pilot, Deltava

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

39990572681_f326ac97d7_o.jpg

Tonight I was doing a flight and my nose was up 5-10 deg for part of it, and everything was fine, all the systems, weight, speed, CG, alt, everything. Someone gave me the idea to see if it was an Ice problem, and so I turned on the Anti-Ice for the engines and wings. The minute I did that the nose went down to 1-2deg, or normal.

So, is the Ice simulated?? If it is, the PMDG doesnt give any warnings or anything.

What weather program are you using, as i believe OPUS added this as a feature a few betas ago, not sure if its still in it but it did change the way it reacted to icing conditions