Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

FSX crashes while minimizing

Hi guys,I had now two time the same CTD in FSX. I minimized FSX inflight to check some things. Normally this is no problem but lately it happened that it minimized and closed imediately. Several time before everything went perfectly well. No command to do such was given and also the event viewer has no crash recognized. Has someone a clue why this happend?

Guest jahman

Can you post the CTD details so we can take a look please?Cheers,- jahman.

Can you post the CTD details so we can take a look please?Cheers,- jahman.
Well, I would if there were any. The event viewer hasn´t recorded anything.

Guest firehawk44

You most likely closed FSX accidently rather than minimizing. If FSX crashed, there would be an event. I know it's difficult to open FSX back up once you minimize to the task bar. I always have problems. It's easy to hit that red x button when you try to open the application back up.Best regards,Jim

You most likely closed FSX accidently rather than minimizing. If FSX crashed, there would be an event. I know it's difficult to open FSX back up once you minimize to the task bar. I always have problems. It's easy to hit that red x button when you try to open the application back up.Best regards,Jim
Hmm, I only hit the windows button to get it minimized. This happens allready twice and only with the NGX so far.

Guest firehawk44
Hmm, I only hit the windows button to get it minimized. This happens allready twice and only with the NGX so far.
There's another possibility and you could have used up memory resources since the NGX is not exactly resource friendly. Minimizing an application such as FSX that uses a lot of system resources with the NGX running probably caused the problems when you tried to maximize FSX again. I guess it's something you just can't do with FSX and the NGX and the scenery you were flying over at the time. I will try to duplicate it. Best regards,Jim

Guest firehawk44
I will try to duplicate it.
Okay. Just tried to duplicate the crash with the 737 NGX flying in heavy weather over PNW scenery near Seattle and had absolutely no problems minimizing and maximizing FSX. It was smooth as all get out! I'm thinking maybe the other application(s) you had open so you could work on other stuff conflicted with FSX. In any case, you should have had an event registered in the Event Viewer if FSX actually crashed unexpectedly. Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim