Does anyone have expirence with the CH Pro Pedals? I am thinking about buying a set I found on EBAY (new).

Guest jahman

I have them and they are great and very reliable. The one defect is they have a center detent by design that cannot be removed (not a problem for me, but some folks do mind). Also the pot is fairly easy to replce once it wears out (and they all do eventually).Cheers,- jahman.

+1 to all of that. I've had mine five years + with absolutely no issues.My one gripe is how close together the pedals are. This fact tends to make precise rudder input a bear, and extended rudder input fatiguing. A few others (mostly pilots) share my sentiments, but they're all around a great product.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks guys, with all the negative I've read online about the Saitek pedals I just purchased the CH Pedals, they seem to be the longest lasting competitor.

Guest jahman

You're welcome! They are built like a truck, quire literally: If you open the base, you will see each pedal rests on a truck (in the aircraft main carriage sense. a small platform with four wheels running along a set of rails).Cheers,- jahman.

Had them, they were great. Unfortunately managed to destroy them by connecting them to the USB Hub which had a false power adapter connected to it - thus burning the pedals. This is what I get for having some much stuff here and not being careful what belongs to what.

Thanks, now I just need a better stick and yoke. I just returned my Saitek X52 Stick & Hotas because it really is a piece of crap. It's sloppy, and the spring has hardly any tension, you can fix this by sliding a shim made out of plastic between the stick and spring but you get a heck of a lot of creep and noise then. I have an old CH Yoke but it's sticky, and the POV switch only half works, I've read some users unhappy with the Saitek yoke as well but seems like you can fix most of it with a warranty voiding Silicon Lube job. Going to run my old Logitech Extreme3DPro for awhile longer(Twist rudder no longer works), because the stick is stiff and feels more like what I'm used to in a real airplane, which is a stick you can easily jam side to side with no resistance, get it right Saitek!!

Silicon Lube: it's gonna make movement way smoothes yes, but silicon lube on the plastic has one undesired effect (I had Saitek, and tried lots of mods on the yoke) - it gets more sticky when you "park" it, or stop moving.I would like to know how the new Saitek Cessna yoke plays out - I don't believe it's gonna be THAT much better, but if it's better than the old one, it's a step in the right direction.Ball bearing is the only way to remove stickyness completely and only two producing that are VRI (380€ + delivery) and PFC (from USA, about 600€ + delivery). But VRI has no buttons - a no-go for me.As for a joystick: I have only one recommendation - MS FF2. Lovely stick.

The MS FF2 is an awsome joystick. I've been trying to get my hands on one again for about 2 years (Previous one died), but have yet to been able to find one on Canadian Ebay, it's frustrating when those south of the border will not ship across.

Bad luck mate. I see couple on Ebay here. But my wishes are for the PFC yoke, or alike. Or Saitek Cessna if it's good enough...

I have a Piper yoke assembly in my hanger... I wonder if it would be possible to make it work for PC :Money Eyes: . That sucker wouldn't stick. Time to do some reading!

Guest jahman
I have an old CH Yoke but it's sticky, and the POV switch only half works, I've read some users unhappy with the Saitek yoke as well but seems like you can fix most of it with a warranty voiding Silicon Lube job.
Silicon Lube: it's gonna make movement way smoothes yes, but silicon lube on the plastic has one undesired effect (I had Saitek, and tried lots of mods on the yoke) - it gets more sticky when you "park" it, or stop moving.
That's because you folks are using the wrong lube. You need to use Dupont Teflon Silicone lube ($5). The Teflon (as in the plastic of non-stick pans) is what removes the stickiness. Use twice a year.Cheers,- jahman.

That's because you folks are using the wrong lube. You need to use Dupont Teflon Silicone lube ($5). The Teflon (as in the plastic of non-stick pans) is what removes the stickiness. Use twice a year.Cheers,- jahman.
Could you make a video of your yoke performing on elevator axis used by one hand when deflected?

Guest jahman
Could you make a video of your yoke performing on elevator axis used by one hand when deflected?
Not sure what you mean, but there's still no stickiness (although with only one hand elevator spring tension is a tad OTT at extreme deflection). Routinely hand-fly PMDG B-744 approaches with one hand (the other on the throttles).Teflon makes a difference: Teflon has the third lowest coefficient of friction, after the aluminum-magnesium-boride ceramic and diamond-like carbon.Cheers,- jahman.

Not sure what you mean,
I mean, a simple video - one hand grip, deflect a bit, just what you would use when landing, let's say half of the full deflection, and move the pitch up and down from the center axe... but slowly, like you would when you flare. Just couple of times back and forth. Edited by Kosta