Guest jahman

OK, but you'll have to do with a verbal description as I don't have a camera for the video.At even full aileron deflection, there is no elevator sticking in the elevator controller usable range.Elevator useable range is defined as the lesser of:

1. Elevator Stop-to-Stop range on the aircraft (renders any additional controller deflection useless), and
  2. Elevator Stop-to-Stop range on the yoke potentiometer (renders any additional controller deflection useless), and
  3. Elevator Spring Tension range on the hardware controller (excessive elevator spring tension is worse than stickiness so stickiness becomes a non-issue)

... all this for areasonably worn, recently calibrated and lubricated CH Products Yoke with factory springs installed and with straight line sensitivity curves assigned in FSUIPC.So although you will find some residual stickiness at extreme deflections, in FSX practice those extreme deflections are never reached even during (crabbed) cross-wind landings (although in the RW they would).Also if extreme deflections were required, thanks to FSUIPC it is possible to calibrate any axis with an increasing sensitivity for hardware controller extreme deflections so those extreme deflections need not be reached in practice.The biggest problem with elevator stickiness is of course for level flight, but since applying Dupont Teflon Silicone that problem is gone for good.Finally CH Yokes are limited to 90º stop-to-stop yoke aileron travel (no idea what Saitek's deflection is) and for some this can be a problem, especially when compared to the 180ª degrees available on certain much more expensive metal yokes from other manufacturers.Cheers,- jahman.

Guest jahman
Thanks for the detailed description jahman.
You're welcome Word Not Allowed!Cheers,- jahman.

I have them and they are great and very reliable. The one defect is they have a center detent by design that cannot be removed (not a problem for me, but some folks do mind). Also the pot is fairly easy to replce once it wears out (and they all do eventually).Cheers,- jahman.
Does anyone have expirence with the CH Pro Pedals? I am thinking about buying a set I found on EBAY (new).
+1 to all of that. I've had mine five years + with absolutely no issues.My one gripe is how close together the pedals are. This fact tends to make precise rudder input a bear, and extended rudder input fatiguing. A few others (mostly pilots) share my sentiments, but they're all around a great product.
I had a CH pedals for a year and they died on me. CH seems decent and I have their throttle but I would go for the Saitek pedals. -- They feel much more realistic and less "plasticy".

Guest jahman
I had a CH pedals for a year and they died on me.
What exactly happened to them?Cheers,- jahman.

I'm really starting to un-recommend ANY Saitek products - right now only thing I have from them are throttles, and they were bought over Amazon. And now I wanted to send them back due to some problems, and while Amazon replied basically send throttles to us or contact the vendor directly, I decided to contact Saitek directly.Then Saitek forwarded the email to MadCatz, where I await the answer for already a week, wrote two emails already - only automatic answers.I'm starting to hate this company more and more and truly believe that they don't care about their customers AT ALL.

Edited by Kosta

I've been "flying" CH pedals for over 2 years with no problems. I also have their Throttle Quadrant and Eclipse Yoke...love 'em. I recommend using FSUIPC to set up the axis and calibration.

My experience with the CH pro pedals has been very dissapointing until now. they have been in the loft for quite a while. Recentley moved from Orbx pnw and retried my photscenery ,Gen x ver 2 now upadated to ver 3, after a few more tweaks additional to those By Bojote got FSX running realy well on my low end computer compared to some of the rigs you guys have. Also installed uk2000 vfr airports and OpenClouds, yes after all that still getting good frame rates. As I mentioned retrieved the pro pedals from the loft and as always started to have problems ctd and hangs ect. got the D-link powered hub out of the store box and tried that again but to no avail. thought of having a go with ch products Control manager, so i installed it yesterday, connected the pedals and yoke stick and clicked on the install file and it went thro the motions of installing and screen came up to click to finish at the same time as the windows found new hardware screen came up, went through 4 installs of hardware/ drivers. rebooted, and fired up fsx. assignment to the mixture and prop levers got a bit mixed up. Well after all that it was worth it the difference its made is unbeliveable, smooth flight controls, no ctd yet and its also got rid of the shimmering of the mast and pylons. It now appears that my xp prov drivers were not up to the job or had been corrupted and been causing problems with the graphics. Have thought for some time usb could affect fsx and a while ago went back from a wireless mouse to a ps2 one. so I would suggest installing the drivers if your having problems, make sure you do a restore point of the reg' (the install also does one) but best to make sure. not got my head all the other things in the control manager but I did calibrate the two controls with the manager. bob

Edited by onebob

I'm really starting to un-recommend ANY Saitek products - right now only thing I have from them are throttles, and they were bought over Amazon. And now I wanted to send them back due to some problems, and while Amazon replied basically send throttles to us or contact the vendor directly, I decided to contact Saitek directly.Then Saitek forwarded the email to MadCatz, where I await the answer for already a week, wrote two emails already - only automatic answers.I'm starting to hate this company more and more and truly believe that they don't care about their customers AT ALL.
Going to have to agree with you here. I just returned my Saitek Yoke - that's the second Saitek product I was unsatisfied with within a WEEK - and I'm not normally a fussy person. When the CH Pedals come, I'm sure I'll be happy, I'm positive there is alot more CH Pedals stuck under the desk of flight sim users than Saitek.