Sign in to follow this  
denver69

updated driver now cant get AA to work

Hi,I am using the lates NV inspector and just downloaded the latest Beta 290.53 driver. The had to go into the NVinspector to reset all settings. This is something I should not have had to do because of the way I installed the driver. The installer also did not force a reboot either which was strange so I rebooted anyway. So I reset all settings back to my orig NickN settings and double checked everything. FSX is totally jagged. Also when I went to make a profile for FSX I noticed there was no microsoft flight simulator in the drop down menu anymore, which was strange. I then typed it in to the box after clicking create new profile. Then I figured I had to direct it to the .exe. So when I did it gave me an error that it allready had been assigned the .exe or something like that. And now the title is also in the drop down menu.I just have no clue.Any help is much appreciated.

Hi.I had the same problem, I ended up going back to 270.??. Try to enable it in the sim. and see if you like it, I did not.TV

Edited by Avcomware

The name of the profile should be "MS Flight Simulator X"I'm betting you forgot something:Antialiasing - Behavior Flags should be set to "none""because of the way you installed the driver". That's a red flag to me, but oh well. Installing new drivers should overwrite your Inspector settings. I'm sorry if I missed anything.

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Zach, from Nvidia itself, they say the new drivers can simply be loaded over the old. I have done it twice so far w/o problem. This way old settings do not go away.I know what you mean though but I will try the corect verbage and if not do it the old way.Thank you

Zach,Your the man. The proper name was in the stack and I was just looking for Microsoft not MS. Thank you very much.Time will really tell once I start flying the PMDG stuff around with this driver but preliminary testing seems to reveal a 25% improvement in texture loading and fps. It could be my imagination and it usually is but we will see. I upgraded mainly for the FPS limiter in the NVInspector which I have set for 30 with unlimited in the FS. This may have something to do with it as well. First time I have tried it and so far highly recomend.Thanks again

I'm glad you found it, Marc. Personally I love those moments of relief where I realize I was being thick and all is actually well. I do that often.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules