Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Advance Notice: SP1c pending for the NGX...

Hi Guys,sorry if thiswas asked before:What about the BBJ version of the NGX ? Is it still planned to release ? Or is it cancelled ?Best wishes...Steffen

In addition, this update will prepare your NGX installation to fully utilize products created by developers using the NGX SDK. A few developers have had access to the SDK for some time now, and they have been quietly helping to provide feedback on various functionality bits in order to help us ensure that we are accomplishing the desired tasks without any unexpected consequences.
So I guess the developer of FS2Crew is one of those developers who already have had access to the SDK? Well, I am asking, but the answer must be YES, otherwise it's a real shame!

James Goggi

This is a minor update that is being done primarily to clean up a couple of items that we have addressed since the release of SP1b on 09DEC11. We have found some areas for improved performance efficiency, as well as a few other items that have been fixed along the way.
This is great news Robert, thanks. Just one question... there have been issues which relate to the inablity to reduce thrust lower than 39% with the NGX, particularly when setting up approach. This has been posted by myself and other members of the forum. In one of the posts you repied saying that it was a known issue with the assignment of the landing gear to a switch/button on the controller and the workaround was and is to assign a key on the keyboard, which in my case appears to have been successful. However, I would like to ask if this issue has been corrected and if so will it appear in the upcoming SP1c patch? Thanks again for all your hard work.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Uhhh 777... Gimmegimmegimme. It still gonna be for FSX, right? You metioned it somewhere, also being the last aircraft for FSX.
I don't recall them saying that, and it doesn't make sense considering PMDG's stance on MS Flight.

Robert, could you perhaps give a small update on the progress of the -ER package?

Eric 

PMDG requires you to sign your posts with your full name. It might be favourable for you.
Give it a break would ya?He is contributing to this post more than you are.Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB

I don't recall them saying that, and it doesn't make sense considering PMDG's stance on MS Flight.
You mixed MS Flight with MS Flight Simulator X. They may be against business model of MSF, but that doesn't mean they can't create for MSFSX. I'm sure RSR mentioned this somewhere about 777 being last PMDG product for FSX, but maybe they had a change of heart.

Hey Robert thanks for the update.Quick question.Will the SDK open up possibilities to allow a 3rd party dev to dynamically change flight model variables? Or, is the SDK just limited to the cockpit state and switch variables?ThanksJBSent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB

You mixed MS Flight with MS Flight Simulator X. They may be against business model of MSF, but that doesn't mean they can't create for MSFSX. I'm sure RSR mentioned this somewhere about 777 being last PMDG product for FSX, but maybe they had a change of heart.
What? You said that you thought PMDG stated the 777 would be the last FSX product from PMDG. I stated that based on what Microsoft is demanding of third-party developers who want to market products for MS Flight, it sounds like PMDG wants nothing to do with it. Hence, they will likely continue to develop for FSX. Edited by audiohavoc

What? You said that you thought PMDG stated the 777 would be the last FSX product from PMDG. I stated that based on what Microsoft is demanding of third-party developers who want to market products for MS Flight, it sounds like PMDG wants nothing to do with it. Hence, they will likely continue to develop for FSX.
Oh, you meant that, sorry didn't get it the first. PMDG might switch to X-Plane 10, read some rumor some time ago.

Oh, you meant that, sorry didn't get it the first. PMDG might switch to X-Plane 10, read some rumor some time ago.
Got it. I think there might be a chance that PMDG will develop for both XP10 and FSX, which would be sweet.

The only "problem" I have with the 737NGX, is the skelton issue when switching from 2d panel to a outside view. I hope there is something in the fix for this.jim

Oh yeah.........continual enhancements/fixes/SP's......this is one of the main reasons I fully support PMDG and the products they produce......outstanding Customer Service too.Thanks Rob, Ryan & the rest of the crew.Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers