Sign in to follow this  

All you guys flying in New Zealand, what source are you using for charts? In the US I'm using FS Kneeboard, which is absolutely killer, but only has US coverage. Are there any good sources of charts for down under?

Sadly no free sources, you could always splash out for printed charts see:http://secureorders.airways.co.nz/aimsite/aip_shop/index.asp

Edited by deeknow

Dean Stringer

HiYou will find maps for both the North and South Island using the link below, I know the NZ maps are there as I have got those two along with most of Antarctica and have calibrated them for FSMap, you will also find all sorts of navigational maps in that section, they may not be the very latest iterations but they are better than stumbling about in the dark, anyway here is the link to the site..http://www.lib.utexa.../onc/index.html The shot below is just a small section of a map just so you can have a sneak peek at the type of chart available.I hope it's of some use.Jim Hodkinson

Edited by hodge001

Thanks Jim,What a great source of world maps for flight simulation. These a great maps.The two New Zealand maps are R-15 and S-13 to save you a little search time.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi RayNot a problem I was happy to assist, and if anyone want the two NZSI charts that I have calibrated then just let me know and I will see what I can sort out.The calibrated maps work fine in Aerosofts FSMap and "should" work equally well in any other moving map software that uses .fsm files, so as I say just let me know if you want to give them a try.Jim Hodkinson

You are more than welcome I was happy to help, and even happier that it was of some use.Jim Hodkinson

Hi DeanYour welcome, it's good to hear that you found them useful.Jim Hodkinson

Yeah, really useful, especially as I'm not a real-world pilot so splashing out on the official up to date publications seems a llittle excessive :)

Dean Stringer