Sign in to follow this  
smokeyupahead

Boeing 737 ng...which class aircraft?

Hi guys,can someone tell me which class of aircraft does the boeing 737 ng fit in? Is it class B?Thanks,

Edited by smokeyupahead

Heavy, I think - the 738 and 739 at leastOr should that be large?

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

In the FCTM is says that a 737-800 can be either B or C. I think it depends on how much load you carry with you.

Heavy, I think - the 738 and 739 at leastOr should that be large?
It's for sure not a heavy. Not even the 757 is an heavy. An A330 or B767 would be one.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

According to both vroute.premium and simroutes.com it's a heavy - I'm not an airline pilot so I really have no idea! Just trying to helpbut I guess at c. 140k av takeof weight it's not that big at all

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

If you are talking about "category", not "class", here's some info:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_approach_category

It's not considered a heavy. It and the -900 are narrow body aircraft. As was stated earlier, even the 757 is considered a narrow body.

NAX669.png

HiWhat do the minimums (decision height) ona achart refer to? Are they refered to weight or speed? I'm a little confused...Thank you guys for all the imput!
I'm probably one of the less experienced simmers in this forum, but I remember in one of Just Planes movies, pilot was making decission what category of aircraft is he, based on his Vapp or Vref.If you think about it, it makes sense, because speed determines, for example, how much time you have from passing minimum height and hitting ground (approach angle is constant). Thus having different minima for different category aircrafts gives about the same time for each of them to safely perform go-around.Maybe someone will correct me here. Edited by xawery

Guest dlrk

It's NOT a heavy. A heavy has a maximum takeoff weight of 255,000 lbs or greater.It is cat B or C, sometimes even D, check the FCOM

No 737 is a "heavy." 757-300 is, -200 is not. 737 approach category is normally C with a few exceptions. Check your local regs.

Matt Cee

I'm probably one of the less experienced simmers in this forum, but I remember in one of Just Planes movies, pilot was making decission what category of aircraft is he, based on his Vapp or Vref.If you think about it, it makes sense, because speed determines, for example, how much time you have from passing minimum height and hitting ground (approach angle is constant). Thus having different minima for different category aircrafts gives about the same time for each of them to safely perform go-around.Maybe someone will correct me here.
Quite right : it;s an approach performance categorie :Catagory A = Speed less than 91 knotsCatagory B = Speed >= 91 and less than 121 knotsCatagory C = Speed >= 121 and less than 141 knotsCatagory D = Speed >= 141 and less than 166 knotsCatagory E = Speed >= 166 knots (only includes certain military aircraft)

Quite right : it;s an approach performance categorie :Catagory A = Speed less than 91 knotsCatagory B = Speed >= 91 and less than 121 knotsCatagory C = Speed >= 121 and less than 141 knotsCatagory D = Speed >= 141 and less than 166 knotsCatagory E = Speed >= 166 knots (only includes certain military aircraft)
Fully correct !

Guys these speeds would be for a flap 40 landing, right?Let's say I'm landing @ 144 knots (cat.D) flaps 35 and the fmc calculated speed for a full flap landing is 136 knots (cat.C), would one normally opt for lower approach speeds and higher minimums or prefer higher approach speeds in a flap 35 cfg.? I know that choice would also be subject to winds and runway conditions but I'm talking about light wind and clean runway conditions.

Edited by smokeyupahead

Guys these speeds would be for a flap 40 landing, right?Let's say I'm landing @ 144 knots (cat.D) flaps 35 and the fmc calculated speed for a full flap landing is 136 knots (cat.C), would one normally opt for lower approach speeds and higher minimums or prefer higher approach speeds in a flap 35 cfg.? I know that choice would also be subject to winds and runway conditions but I'm talking about light wind and clean runway conditions.
You would be catagory D since you always add 5 knots to your calculated Vref. 136 + 5 = 141 = cat D (BTW there's no flaps 35 blum.gif )

You would be catagory D since you always add 5 knots to your calculated Vref. 136 + 5 = 141 = cat D (BTW there's no flaps 35 blum.gif )
Hahaha! You caught me! :( ...flap 30 of course.What if the speeds were one in the C and one in the D category, would one always land the NG with flaps 30 on a long runway?Sorry guys I'm not trying to be obsessive or anything like that I just want to know what the real world procedures are like...