Sign in to follow this  
NM5K

I bet it smells good inside..

One for the Southwest fans.. Another new 700 is delivered..Note the "new" RNP capable layout, which includes VNAV,and the PFD-ND display layout.Before they converted the "classics" to RNP capable, theyused the EFIS-MAP layout, and had no VNAV. The VNAVbutton on the old ones just had a blank covering it up.So they are running VNAV now, but I believe they still handfly all landings using the HGS. Note that they still use theanalog backup instruments, which would mean it's fail passiveinstead of fail operational if they were to do an autoland.I bet the leather aroma slaps you in the face when youboard that thing. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zmuM3lTUYA

Me too,Watching something like that just shows the extraordinary level PMDG went to with the NGX

Chris Howard

Yep.. My Southwest planes use that exact same cockpit. So everything looks realfamiliar. :)

Absolutely awesome!! :D My NGX Is dirtier though!! :(

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Me too,Watching something like that just shows the extraordinary level PMDG went to with the NGX
exactly !

Fantastic video---one of the very best. To have the Chief Pilot(and a very Senior Pilot) of an established airline in the USA seen at the controls, doing the pre-flight,etc, and then impart how he got to be in the best seat in any office, was superb.Thank you for sharing. A gem indeed.

Good video:)) Wish we could get that new smell on pc; guess pmdg can simulate it all!! :(

Simon

Great video! Thanks. I'm making myself a nice clean repaint with that registration as we speak!

Chris Hicks

QuestionWhen arriving at the gate, do you have the apu running, then close the engines then connect power?Or do you just shut the engines, and thats it. wait for the power?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

QuestionWhen arriving at the gate, do you have the apu running, then close the engines then connect power?Or do you just shut the engines, and thats it. wait for the power?
I think APU is turned on after vacating the runway. That's at least how I handle that. And at the gate I connect the generators and the air bleed prior to engine shut down.

FS2Crew flowsheet for the landing is as the PF turns off the runway, he is told by the FO who as part of his flow turns on the APU that the APU is available, and then, as part of the After Landing Checklist, the PF will ask the FO to put the APU on the buses. That gives enough power until the engines are shut-down and the Ground Crew can connect external power, after which the APU is switched off, thus saving fuel.That is at least the way I understand it.