Sign in to follow this  
NM5K

I bet it smells good inside..

fantastic video! really good quality camera as well! i wonder if new airplane smell, smells anything like new car smell...... :(

Southwest's SOP is to shut down #2 after vacating the runway and leave #1 running until ground power is connected at the gate so that they don't have to run their APU. Same with AirTran. Delta, Continental (United,) and American all run their APU's.

Cool video. Thanks for the link!On a side note.... A personal question I have....Does the flight deck of a new 737 have a similar intoxicating smell like a new car, or a new C182 you're picking up from Wichita?

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

Brilliant - great post/vid. Shows the outstanding job PMDG have done modelling the deck.

Brilliant - great post/vid. Shows the outstanding job PMDG have done modelling the deck.
Whcih makes the whole point of posters in other threads not asking as to what PMDG's developement progam is, or when the 777 will be off the decks, and so forth. Let them take their time just as they have done with the 737NGX, because as has been expressed within this thread, by all accounts, they have done an absolute pearl of a job replicating everything as per the real-lfe aircraft seen in this video bar the Weather Radar which is beyond the FSX boundaries.

Great vid, we need more high def stuff like that :( I noticed that the engine start switches were still on CONT even at about 29k ft?? I always turn mine off as part of the after take off flows, however, revisiting the checklists I can't find anything to say that you should? (Apart from in the tutorial, which I think is where I got if from originally) Are there any implications with leaving them at CONT for a whole flight? I know they should be at CONT for TO and Landing (and certain high precipitation situations?). Did the pilots here forget to switch them off or is it normal to leave them on so long?? (about 7:15 in the vid) and then switched off at cruise alt (about 8:15 in the vid)Cheers

Southwest's SOP is to shut down #2 after vacating the runway and leave #1 running until ground power is connected at the gate so that they don't have to run their APU. Same with AirTran. Delta, Continental (United,) and American all run their APU's.
I'm pretty sure SWA keeps the engines running until they reach the gate, and then shut down the #2 and wait for ground power before shutting down #1. SWA doesn't utilize single-engine taxi in normal cases, but they will shut down an engine if the crew anticipates a long ground delay for whatever reason.

If anyone is interested, I've done a repaint of this plane. It's available on Avsim.http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=165355fsx2012-01-2613-32-34-19.jpg

Chris Hicks

That livery looks tremendous; good work.ADF is no longer fitted. It has been made redundant as it has been considered an archaic nav aid by Boeing.Ash Frew.

Edited by Avroboeing

Is ADF no longer fitted to all new 737NG's or is it a customer option?

Does anyone know why N1 was engaged on the MCP during the climb with VNAV also engaged? I'm confused because on FCOM2 4.10.3 it states N1 is automatically engaged during VNAV climb, isn't it unnecessary for the MCP N1 button to be lit?Devin Mack

Edited by dracer33

In fact, I just tried recreating that in the NGX and with VNAV engaged the MCP N1 light will not illuminate. If anyone can explain this to me I'd greatly appreciate it, thank you.Devin Mack