Sign in to follow this  
raffer

Can Touchscreen Monitors be used ?

Can the MCDU and other 2D popup screens work in a Touchscreen Monitor ??raffer

I don't see why not. As long as you can do everything you can do with a mouse, it should be okay. (Right-clicks would be difficult, but I assume you guys have that figured out.)

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Sure! I use mine all the time. I don't know about others, but the acer TS software is basically just a mouse emulationEdit: I do have to make it my main display for the touches to happen on that monitor & not another

Edited by MrKen

I use my iPad for MCDU inputs, can be better, but it's good!

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

I've been thinking about this very thing for some time now. It would be awesome to have a touch screen that you could use as an overhead panel, but i suspect that would prove troublesome. Interested to hear if anyone has done that though.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I fiddled with it for a few minutes, but went back to using a mouse. Nobody wants to hold their finger on a switch for 2sec to get a right-click.Works great with the cdu though.

I fiddled with it for a few minutes, but went back to using a mouse. Nobody wants to hold their finger on a switch for 2sec to get a right-click.Works great with the cdu though.
So how have you manged to get the CDU to display Ken? Just by dragging across the 2D panel? Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Well first off I should say that I'm always in windowed mode. I just pop up the 2d cdu, undock it & drag it over to the touchscreen monitor.My touchscreen has to be set as my main display for the touches to occur on it and not in the vc on my other monitors. The touchscreen software just reads where you touched it & translates that to an x,y on the desktop, so it has to be the main display.Edit: my setup in case you're interested... The top monitor is the touchscreen & last night I added a trim wheel in that open spot beside the tq's.http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/sehlah/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1457.jpg

Edited by MrKen

Well first off I should say that I'm always in windowed mode. I just pop up the 2d cdu, undock it & drag it over to the touchscreen monitor.My touchscreen has to be set as my main display for the touches to occur on it and not in the vc on my other monitors. The touchscreen software just reads where you touched it & translates that to an x,y on the desktop, so it has to be the main display.Edit: my setup in case you're interested... The top monitor is the touchscreen & last night I added a trim wheel in that open spot beside the tq's.http://i381.photobuc...ds/IMG_1457.jpg
Ahh, windowed mode... i can't use the NGX in windowed mode otherwise I suffer about a 20% hit on frames :(

Howard

Yes the touchscreens can work I use a 9" lilliput monitor which has a Hdmi and Usb connection. I basically use it for programming the Fmc when I place tge CDU on it it really is close to more expensive dedicated CDU hardware, Once I am done using the CDU , I use it for ATC inputs. I also set my sound settings to the Lillput and it really sounds good when I am communicating with AtcOk I am also using it in Windowed mode all I do is undock the Cdu and drag it to the touchscreen.Ron Burns, Greenville Texas

Edited by Buffaloron