Sign in to follow this  
Noel

J41--fabulous plane, just needs a couple of 2D popups!

It must take a lot of programming I guess. It is such a first rate plane in all ways, but pretty frustrating to have to zoom in so close to read stuff in various gauges. Any chance a few choice 2D popups might come in a SP some day? I wouldn't want a full 2D panel for sure, just would love it if when you clicked a gauge it would expand like pretty much all other nice 3rd party aircraft not only from PMDG but others. It's just a matter of practicality. I feel this is the only thing that keeps this plane from being a 10 out of 10.Thanks!Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Yep, as a newcomer to this bird I agree with you Noel. Somewhat sparse on the 2D pop-ups for my liking too.Do you find that the overhead can't be panned around? You can zoom in and out, but not pan to a diferant area of the overhead. I find myself zooming in the see the switches more clearly, but then loose the other areas. :( Or am I missing something?Perhaps we need to make an additional purchase, EZdoc or something.

Edited by martin-w

There was a post somewhere not too a while back that allowed one to make some 2D pop-ups of the EFIS displays....i'm lookin.EDIT: Found it http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2125410Report back if it works for you.
Thanks will check that out sometime soonish . . .

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

guysis there a way in which the overhead panel selection can be changed to the first screen when 'A' key is pressed. at the moment it is frustrating to have to go through all the screen shots using the A key. is there a way that a shortcut can be programmed eg shift +2 tp switch views to the overhead panel?thanksMel

Andya belated thanks for this link. will tryall the bestMel