Sign in to follow this  
Flight Sim Geek

Does EX improve FPS?

Hi all, I have a silly question to ask. I read in an ad that Ground Enviromnent X improves frame rates. I would like to know if this is true as I am considering purchasing GEX Europe, I intend to have the same auto gen setting so will my FPS increase as a result of having it? If they do how big of an increase?Hope someone can help me.Aaron G.

Hi i own GEX europe,north america and Africa/middle east .I can't say that it will increase FPS.I can say that it does seem to be optimised so that your textures seem to load quicker and sharper.also they are very very good textures.nick N is also a top support guy,and will go out of his way to help you.follow his tweak guide on the GEX forum to optimize your computer and you can't go wrong.before you buy,visit the forum and they will give you the lowdown on what to expect.also make sure you list your setup,just gives them an idea of what you should expect.steve-0ps new patch to optimise the NGX coming..more fps with a bit of luck

I noticed a smoother experience after installing GEX NA and less pauses...and for my dated rig, everything helps. I don't bother worrying over FPS as it's a largely worthless figure IMHO...it's all about the smoothness.

I think it's not so much the textures, but the way they annotate the autogen that helps the framerates. At least I think I remember NickN saying that they put alot of thought into how much autogen you are exposed to at any given time.

I thought I noticed a slight improvement with the latest update to GEX EU.

double-post, sorry.

Edited by Fenric