Sign in to follow this  

ActiveSky - what do the messages mean?

Hi,just started using Active Sky. Cool. Only little problem: I don't 100% understand the messages issued. For instance, when it reads "RPLL 311700 03002KT 4000 FU FEW022 SCT100 26/23 Q1013 SMOKE ALDQS"Then I understand:"RPLL" (=the station)"311700" (=date and zulu time)"03002KT" (=wind direction and time)and "Q1013" (=altimeter pressure),but the rest I don't understand in detail. I know it has to do with clouds and visibility (I guess SCT is "scattered"), but can someone give me the details and tell me wether the above is right? CheersChris

Guest Stratus_Fractus

This would be better off in the Activesky forum, but basically 4000 metres visibility in smoke (FU) with few clouds at 2200AGL and SCT at 10000AGL, temp 26, dewpoint 23, smoke in all quadrants.

Hi Chris,most of it is explained in the manual (quite clearly, I hope - the Beta team spend a lot of time on that, and I'd hate to think we've done a bad job...), and any clarifications can be found in the ActiveSky forum - just a bit further down under 'Commercial Support Conference'. And yes, 'SCT' is scattered, the altitude is expressed in FL, so 100 would be at 10,000ft, the others are few at 2,200ft.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Thanks for all the help! Just starting to feel a little bad because I asked a question that is in a manual, but somehow I could not find a manual... guess I need to look better next time. But will refer to it from now on.And: yes, you have done a great job! I really like ActiveSkyBestChris