Sign in to follow this  
sosuflyer

Blue screen after Saitek x52 software install

Just installed FS2004 on a new computer after almost two years of no computer or flightsimming. FS was running great with my PMDG add-ons, so I plugged in my X52 and installed the latest drivers and programming software to map some keys. Ever since then, I cant go more than a few minutes without a blue screen crash. I tried removing the software, and FS worked fine. Then installed it again, blue screen again. Any advice guys???!!!Windows 7 64bitfresh FS9 install with 64-bit patch to .exePMDG 747/md-11 fresh installGT520 graphics card 1G RAM8G RAM

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Guest jahman

Can you post the crash details so we can take a look?Cheers,- jahman.

Can you post the crash details so we can take a look?Cheers,- jahman.
It happened again just now, but this time I was using a simple plug n play joystick, also from saitek, but no drivers or software installed for it. Simulator ran just fine yesterday when I did a whole 8 hour flight. Start up at St. Maarten today, select pmdg md-11, blue screen. memory diagnostic a few days ago came back negative. really confused now. Here is the crash report after restarting:Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 7f BCP1: 0000000000000008 BCP2: 0000000080050031 BCP3: 00000000000406F8 BCP4: FFFFF8800F350A97 OS Version: 6_1_7601 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 768_1Files that help describe the problem: C:WindowsMinidump012112-13462-01.dmp C:UsersOnnarashiiAppDataLocalTempWER-23899-0.sysdata.xml Edited by sosuflyer

~William Genovese~

Just installed FS2004 on a new computer after almost two years of no computer or flightsimming. FS was running great with my PMDG add-ons, so I plugged in my X52 and installed the latest drivers and programming software to map some keys. Ever since then, I cant go more than a few minutes without a blue screen crash. I tried removing the software, and FS worked fine. Then installed it again, blue screen again. Any advice guys???!!!Windows 7 64bitfresh FS9 install with 64-bit patch to .exePMDG 747/md-11 fresh installGT520 graphics card 1G RAM8G RAM
Try removing all Saitek software and drivers and if you have it use FSUIPC to configure joysticks, keys etc. I had similar probs with BSOD's and took quite a while to find out what it was. WIN7 64All the bestdmb

Sorry to hear your plight William. I had the x52 pro and although a good stick for the price, I nevertheless got sick and tired of the calibration problems. If you visit their support forum you will find endless posts from guys with similar issues. One thing I found was being unable to save, or indeed, create profiles for the different aircraft. Ironically, this was one of the main reasons behind why I bought the stick in the first place.I have the Warthog at the moment, but if I remember correctly, I think I uninstalled the Saitek drivers completely and then simply assigned controls through the FSX settings panel. If this doesn't work (think it does) then as bursco says, get your hands on FSUIPC, which of course is a great bit of kit, it will make life a lot easier and more interesting too!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Sorry to hear your plight William. I had the x52 pro and although a good stick for the price, I nevertheless got sick and tired of the calibration problems. If you visit their support forum you will find endless posts from guys with similar issues. One thing I found was being unable to save, or indeed, create profiles for the different aircraft. Ironically, this was one of the main reasons behind why I bought the stick in the first place.I have the Warthog at the moment, but if I remember correctly, I think I uninstalled the Saitek drivers completely and then simply assigned controls through the FSX settings panel. If this doesn't work (think it does) then as bursco says, get your hands on FSUIPC, which of course is a great bit of kit, it will make life a lot easier and more interesting too!
I am having no problems with the programming itself. It works fine. I'm starting to think the blue screens are a different problem all together after doing more research. Might go to a different forum. This is what happens when ur two years behind on flight simming lol

~William Genovese~

OK, this is a bit more on the edge of my experience territory. But I think i'm right in saying that if you're having BSOD then it's more likely to be a hardware problem than software. Overheating of CPU or GPU, overclocking, BIOS problem. For starters, try checking your CPU fan is not full of muck and dust. This is a very common problem.I'll sit to the side and let someone else take over from here. But sure, check out the CPU as a starter...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Guest jahman
One thing I found was being unable to save, or indeed, create profiles for the different aircraft. Ironically, this was one of the main reasons behind why I bought the stick in the first place.
And you didn't try FSUIPC4? Tht's exactly what it's for... (plus a bunch of other things.)
I'm starting to think the blue screens are a different problem all together after doing more research. Might go to a different forum. This is what happens when ur two years behind on flight simming lol
For starters before ant BSOD debugging I would recommend you activate Windows Update if you haven't already, so you have the latest MSVC and .NET runtimes, as well as whatever other patches and updates Windows needs.Then since you've been away from FSX for quite a while, I would also make sure all the complex add-ons you have (those with exes and dlls) are also up to date.Cheers,- jahman. Edited by jahman

Add ons are up to date (fs9) . New computer, no dust yet. I have latest C++ runtime. I'll check .net tonight. And run a RAM diag.

~William Genovese~

Guest jahman
New computer, no dust yet.
Windows itself is out of date even before you install it :Big Grin: Frozen code on the DVD.Cheers,- jahman.

Windows itself is out of date even before you install it :Big Grin: Frozen code on the DVD.Cheers,- jahman.
Well duh. Not a total nube lol. It's already automatically updated several times, but I will definitely double check for windows updates, c++, .net framework and drivers. If that doesn't work, I'm thinking RAM problem

~William Genovese~

Guest jahman
Well duh. Not a total nube lol.
Sorry, I have no way of knowing your PC skill level. Also you'd be surprised how many experienced folks often forget to update.
I'm thinking RAM problem
Agreed, that was going to be my next suggestion.Cheers,- jahman.

Sorry, I have no way of knowing your PC skill level. Also you'd be surprised how many experienced folks often forget to update.Agreed, that was going to be my next suggestion.Cheers,- jahman.
Cheers to you too. The duh was meant as a joke btw. That's the worst thing about talking online. No way of judging tone of voice.

~William Genovese~

Guest jahman
Cheers to you too. The duh was meant as a joke btw. That's the worst thing about talking online. No way of judging tone of voice.
Yikes! :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahman.

Hi Buddy

I have encountered a very similar issue to the one you describe here with almost identical error logs. Can advise how you went resolving this problem?