Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Have you 'verified' to receive the soon to be, Rex Essential?

Just a head's up folks,...it seems you need to 'verify' your purchase order number on the REX forums to be sent a link to the update when it gets released. I didn't know this, but only found out by visiting the Rex Forum site today. So, if you are expecting this to land....onto your 'pute, you need apparently to do this.

Thanks for the heads up I'll head over that way to update my profile.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I might be wrong but I thought if you bought it off their website you just had to log into your account to get the download link. I read the verified thing was for posts in their forums to prove you legally owned it or you would be ignored.

Edited by JamesIL

All you need is your order number in your signature I believe. Cheers,Clem

I might be wrong but I thought if you bought it off their website you just had to log into your account to get the download link. I read the verified thing was for posts in their forums to prove you legally owned it or you would be ignored.
----------------------------------------Uh, that could be, but I bought both REX's off of the FlightSim store, so just gave both my purchase order numbers for FSX and FS9 in the appropriate forum.

----------------------------------------Uh, that could be, but I bought both REX's off of the FlightSim store, so just gave both my purchase order numbers for FSX and FS9 in the appropriate forum.
That is all I ever did, and I did get support before, and in the past few weeks. Is there something else to do also?Kind regards,

I see the massive thread which contains all the verification messages, but can someone point to the actual request by the REX folks to have people do this?For the life of me I cannot find a post or message that requests/requires users to go through this step.I am trying to refrain from creating a forum membership just to validate my purchase if at all possible, but if I have to... I have to...

Guitarman from the REX forums is handling the verifications. All you need to do is to sign up for a forum account, add your order number to your signature and make a post here - http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15044-re-verification/ . I have been notified that you will NOT get Essential unless you submit a verification post with the proper information.Cheers,Clem

Okay, is it just me, or is this a bit overkill? I am legit customer and purchaser of REX but never needed to any type of support. If i understand correctly, i need to go in their forums, create an account, check in the verification thread and only then i will have the "privilege" of the update? Why can't i just get an update notification from FSS where i purchased it.Sorry for that rant, maybe I am just grumpy after a tough day...

I'd rather go without thanks. I've done all the jumpin through hoops I intend to.

Guys, they are just verifying valid purchasers of the product, to get the new Essenstials when it is released. They are providing what appears will be a massive update to REX, for free.Everyone knows in today's world there is a lot of pirating going on, they just want to be sure they deliver Essentials to valid customers of the product.It really is not a big deal and very easy to get verified.From what I have seen, it will be well worth it!

This isn't just an update, this is thousands of hours of loving labor being given away for free. A whole new weather engine, new coding for enhanced horizontal and vertical visibility, all previous service packs included in one place, updated textures and so much more...I don't think 2 minutes of your time is worth more than what they're giving you for free to do so.