Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Have you 'verified' to receive the soon to be, Rex Essential?

I am already a REX forum member with my order number in the signature, so I can sit back and relax :(

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Seem like even if you old forum member with number in your signature you still need to post here.http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15044-re-verification/

So I posted, how hard is that.But when you look at the number of posts...almost 800 and counting. That many customers? Nice thing to know... now you can somewhat imagine what PMDG is having.

So I posted, how hard is that. But when you look at the number of posts...almost 800 and counting. That many customers? Nice thing to know... now you can somewhat imagine what PMDG is having.
Yup, and that's only those who are online and have figured out they need to post. Imagine all those who don't participate in online forums!

You see, that's exactly my point. What about customers who don't spend their time on the REX forum because they... don't need to. Are they less better customers than those who do?Don't get me wrong. I am sure this update will be awesome, like all the products created thus far by REX. And yes, I will go and post my order number and whatever is required to get it.I simply find that the mandatory forum step is a bit weird. Like the update was just a big secret for the 'cool kids'.... Carry on...

You see, that's exactly my point. What about customers who don't spend their time on the REX forum because they... don't need to. Are they less better customers than those who do?Don't get me wrong. I am sure this update will be awesome, like all the products created thus far by REX. And yes, I will go and post my order number and whatever is required to get it.I simply find that the mandatory forum step is a bit weird. Like the update was just a big secret for the 'cool kids'....Carry on...
Yes agree entirely. I rarely access the REX forum and it seems what I thought my password was is wrong. Hence I am finding this all a bit of a hassle as I am still waiting for an email to let me know my correct logon details. It continues to amaze me how developers can dream up ways to make life difficult for their paying customers. I just don't see why this at all necessary - why not just a requirement to supply your order number/rego key to be able to install the update as other companies have done?Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

For the life of me I cannot find a post or message that requests/requires users to go through this step.
Thanks for the further information.I just couldn't find the "official" request for people to register and validate, and haven't received any emails as a customer informing me to do the same.Although I'd rather not set up a forum membership just for this purpose, I do understand why - primarily though I wish they'd have given a better heads up for it. I'd have had no idea that a verification would be needed if Sesquashtoo hadn't posted up this thread - thanks!

Hah - following up, it would appear that they have required this verification in the past for updates - I already had an account with my order number in the sigature from something prior. I had no idea. (*which is the reason I don't like creating forum accounts willy-nilly across the Internet - losing track of them!)Cheers,-Greg

On a side note. Seems like the 'soon' on the Rex update is very close to the soon from some other devs. :acute: Nothing wrong with that as it's free of charge, but a little fishy that the REX Essential announcement (not this thread) came in very close to the AS2012 release, not? Tight business that is.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. It's a competitive business. Frankly, I was glad REX Essentials was announced around the announcement of AS 2012 since it delayed my purchase of AS 2012 (I have ASE) until I see what REX Essentials has to offer. I don't have unlimited funds for addons.

Randall

It's a competitive business.

On that we do agree. :smile:

I wasn't wondering about the presence of competition, more about the actual nature. But, same as you, I kept on using ASE so far and I'm looking forward to finally try REX Essential. That announcement is from mid December 2011, half a year ago.

I would expect an announcement from Activesky shortly!

Eric