Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

Windows7, 64bit and where to install FSX

Hi all,I had FSX running on my Windows7 32bit system for about 18 mths to 2 years with no problems at all. As you can see from my signature I have quite a few aircraft mostly carrenado and PMDG all working fine along with FEX, UTE, and GTE. So when PMDG brought out the 737 I waited a few months before deciding to buy the said add-on. The 737 worked ok but I decided it was time to upgrade to Windows7 64bit and really get the most out of my 737. That's when things started going wrong!So far I have installed FSX in C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator and also in C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Flight Simulator. I have FSX deluxe and have SP1 and SP2 installed correctly but when I try and install FEX I get error messages about missing files in FSX. Today I installed GEX and then FSX just crashed every time when loading with "FSX has encountered an error and will close down"So as a last bid effort I wonder if FSX where to be installed in "C:\program Files" or indeed directly on the "C" drive instead in "C:\Program Files(x86)" would that mean that FSX would be running in Windows 32bit or Windows 64bit?Where is the best location to install FSX for it to work in Windows7, 64bit?Regards Dave.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi Joe,Thanks for the reply, I will try installing FSX directly onto the C drive as you suggest. Interesting article about setting up FSX thanks for the link. I'll let you know how I get on.Regards Dave.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.