Sign in to follow this  
spilok

I really love the Carenado P46T Malibu PropJet....but

Back to the overspeed issue, this plane has long thin wings, reminding me of a U2 aircraft.Pressurized cabin, designed to fly fast at altitude.These same wings are less effective at lower altitudes with higher wind resistancewhere a conventional wing design would work better.So the recommended technique is to climb at roughly 140 knots until you getto cruise altitude and then let the autopilot take you to your destination (in the Bahamas, maybe) :(

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Bert (and others),GREAT explanation about the physical characteristics of the Malibu PropJet. The "thin" wings makes sense to me. I need to take this bird up to altitude and see how she performs. Nonetheless, I still think this is one of the best planes I've ever flown in FSX.Thanks again for your responses.Stan

Johnny come lately here: Found this thread looking for JetProp mods to allow the plane to be a 2012 Meridian, performance wise. I'm with Spilok... This is an awesome plane... but it's too slow for my taste. Even at FL's, I'd say the average GS is between 230/260. A run I did from KHEF to KMRH (Va to Nc), 57 tailwind, FL270, only peeked at 275 GS. Same conditions with the RealAir TB Duke ripped the sky at 370 GS! The Epic LT runs about the same, but it's kind of a cheesy design by Lionheart. For myself, I only like to fly planes that a RW single pilot can fly.. Ya know... Lottery Planes. Thats just about every TP plane on the market today, with the exception of the commercial bus with wings TP's. Two planes I'm wishing for are the TBM 850, and a real Avanti P180 II (Not that POS by Abacus)... The ultimate lottery plane. Carenado is doing a King Air C90, but they can't seem to know is 2012. Previews show no Pro Line 21 on the dash.

I get 230+ KTAS out of her on a regular basis. We've tried some flights in this thread and it seems that the comfort of running the reliable turbine plus some passengers and baggage, AC and 'known icing' capability is paid in some speed (loss). At least in regard to some high performance piston planes.The T Duke adds a 'ton' of fuel costs for the gained speed, but is a truly nice plane too, that's for sure.

Carenado is doing a King Air C90, but they can't seem to know is 2012. Previews show no Pro Line 21 on the dash.
Quite a few of the people waiting for the C90 are happy that it isn't a glass panel aircraft. I don't have much preference, but the traditional panel is fine by me. They have released a few aircraft with glass, and their upcoming SR22 will have a glass cockpit.

Audio; Having a C90, or any kind of King Air is welcomed by me!! But my line of thinking is... In the sim I can fly anything.. So why not a new model 2012 King Air. If I was able to buy a RW King Air, like most people, I might have to go the used route... but if we had the bucks... Of course we'd all buy a NEW one. Why not do both glass and steam for that matter? I understand it takes allot of effort, and maybe some legal headachs for those products... But it would be real nice to fly a new King Air with all the latest improvments... not just the Pro Line package.CoolP; Its a sweet plane. They did a great job. In fact the JetProp has better performance then the new RW Meridian. It's my number 1, followed by the TDuke, Carenado B58, and Eagle Soft Sr22T

In addition to what Shane mentions, it also might be that the Carenado folks only had RL access to the C90 being modeled here, and not a current model outfitted with the Pro Line. I am personally looking forward to the C90 and with the FDE master himself, Mr.B. Stolle having done the FDE should make this another winner. Sorry I got OT....Best, Jeff

I'm eagerly awaiting the C90.... Interesting that they started it at the end of 2011.. started and finished a JetProp... and are still milling the C90. Extra Care/Details??Shame this is the only King Air by 3PD's (we are not allowed to speak of the "other" one in moth balls).On a side note; I'm headed to Air Venture this year... Hoping to convince a Beech rep. that I'm a high roller... and need a "Demo" flight in one... you know... for consideration in my company fleet!