Sign in to follow this  
claypool

Reactivating FS Navigator

HiAfter a long time I have finally reinstalled all my software after my FS crashEverything work except FS NavigatorI know it's an old system, but I'm not the most serious flightsimmer and its's easy and I like it.It loads normally and I've re-entered my license information.I run the FSNAVDBC before running the FS and it appears to be fine.When I run the program while in FS, it says that It cant load any fligthplans and waypoints until I run FSNavdbc, which I've already done.Anyone have any ideas of whats up?I have Windows 7 if that makes a difference with the program

Does your Map of the World appear with all the selected airfields highlighted on the map after you run the Database?I have successfully reinstalled my FS Nav on all my many Computer rebuilds and Windows upgrades over many years.It always has to be completely reinstalled from my back-up CD every time.Paul...FS 2000/FS 2002/FS 2004...FS Navigator...Win 7, 32-bit, Home Edition.... :( ...!

Edited by Fozzer

Does your Map of the World appear with all the selected airfields highlighted on the map after you run the Database
No, only the program with the globe shows up.No airfields or waypoints, and it gives me the error that I need to run FSNAVDB again which I already didOne thing I noticed though is that shows some of my add-ons on the FASNAVDB field but wont let me add any new sceneries

After a long time I have finally reinstalled all my software after my FS crash
That seems a bit drastic!
It always has to be completely reinstalled from my back-up CD every time.
That shouldn't be necessary. If you copy everything from the old installation from the ModulesFSNavigator directory across it will take the registration details too - these are in the ModulesFSNavigatorBinProgram.cfg file and everything should work just fine.
No, only the program with the globe shows up.No airfields or waypoints, and it gives me the error that I need to run FSNAVDB again which I already didOne thing I noticed though is that shows some of my add-ons on the FASNAVDB field but wont let me add any new sceneries
Try renaming ModulesFSNavigatorBinScenery.001 and 002 to something else and re-running the database creator. You may for some reason have wrong permissions on these files preventing the software from rewriting them.John Edited by johnhinson

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

I didn't have any choice as I was unable to find a good solution to fixing the issue of the contast bombing and inability to load FSNothing worked when I turned renaming the Scenery .001 and 002

I know it's an old system, but I'm not the most serious flightsimmer and its's easy and I like it.
I am a serious simmer and I also like it! :(
I have Windows 7 if that makes a difference with the program
Make sure you launch your FSNAVDBC as admin.And now let's make sure you don't forget something on your way:- make sure you ENABLE ALL (1) scenery entries, which will make them ticked (2) before you select CREATE DATABASE (3)fsnav3.jpg
only the program with the globe shows up. No airfields or waypoints
- make sure that when your are in your sim and you launch FSNav with F9 you will apply the SCENERY OPEN option..fsnav1.jpg... and select the database....fsnav2.jpg Edited by Rafal

I was intrigued. I am very glad you have solved it.Have great flights and flightplanning with FSNav! :(