Sign in to follow this  
Wilbert

Airport Terminals

I must have done something wrong and don't know how to fix it. Whenever I go to an airport, there are only taxiways and runways but no airport terminals, gates and etc. What setting affects the display of airport terminals? I am using the official full install plus latest updates.Thanks

Edited by Wilbert

In addition to above post, I just realize there are no airport vehicle traffic such as baggage carts, pushback trucks and other airport traffic. What must I do to turn these features on?Thanks again

Default airport scenery except for ksea is non existent at the moment, however aerosoft will be releasing some of their x-plane 10 sceneries for free to all XP 10 users. once the new world editor is released, you will see many airports become populated with terminals and buildings and you should also see more in the later versions of xplane 10 (i believe). Until then, you can find decent scenery for many airports by googling teds xplane scenery.As far as airport vehicles etc, you will most likely find them in scenery packages that utilize openscenery x. You can also place your own using a tool called overlay editor. Hope this helps

Thanks for that information. I think I read somewhere that there are some FSX sceneries that can be converted and used in X-Plane. What software does this and how is this done? I am not sorry that I bought X-Plane 10 - I did not realize it would be so bare.I have had my share of trouble/frustration with FSX and overall, I believe the ratio of my flying time to tweak/configuring time is about 30/70%. It has taken me all this time since FSX was released until now that I have it where I am really pleased with it. I am looking forward to this new challenge which I beleive, will also be more rewarding - if I can manage to stay alive that long.

Edited by Wilbert

I have cloud9 klax, imagine sim katl converted along with some other fs sceneries like fly tampa kbos, and a really nice conversion of kdca and kphl, all 3 of which you can find at x-plane.org.

Thanks.Does X-Plane 10 support moving jetways and moving airport vehicles when sceneries are converted?

Thanks.Does X-Plane 10 support moving jetways and moving airport vehicles when sceneries are converted?
No, at least not out of the box... You will have to get the autogate plugin, and then edit your scenery to accommodate the autogate jetways. You will probably have to do some studying on how to do it though. I find its too complicated so i gave up on it lol. Some addo. Sceneries already accommodate autogate too. Who knows, maybe someday we will have a better way of doing it and maybe all airport sceneries can have moving jetways. Id like that.

Hi Wilbert, don't know if you've downloaded any converted scenery yet, if not, here's a Xplane 10 screen shot of KBOS that's available at xplane.org.Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

You know, that carrier might interfere with low-vis short-final...The gates in FSX are library objects. They will not be converted for use, but the other buildings (as long as they're not autogen) are models that can be converted from FS format to XP format as well as the textures. You'll have to add anything that is specific to FS such as the gates or things that rely on tech developed for FSX that will not work in XP (opening hangar doors when tuned to a specific frequency is something that is done in the scenery code itself and is not done in XP at all).

Hi Wilbert, don't know if you've downloaded any converted scenery yet, if not, here's a Xplane 10 screen shot of KBOS that's available at xplane.org.Glen
I could not find the scenery you mentioned at this siteIs there some tool developed/available for use to make gates/movable objects and other airport vehicles. Maybe there is or will be a software program that would make this easy to do. Edited by Wilbert

Can't remember if you need to be a member there or not to download stuff. Anyways here's the link.http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12363Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

OK and thanks. I will give this a try . . . . . .At present are there any available payware scenery that possess moving jetways and airport vehicle traffic yet?

OK and thanks. I will give this a try . . . . . .At present are there any available payware scenery that possess moving jetways and airport vehicle traffic yet?
Some of the airport scenery by butnaru has some moving stuff i think, his sceneries can be found at the x-plane.org store. Edited by falloutgamer65