Sign in to follow this  
gigemaggs99

FSX autosave program?

I downloaded this autosave program:http://www.fs2000.org/index.php/downloads/doc_details/31733-fsxsp2-fsxsave-autosave-104It saves the files and shows them in my FSX documents folder. I can click on one in the Load window of FSX, it shows the flight loading then I can hear the plane flying in the background. The FSX window shrinks to my toolbar and I can't see anything.If I try and right-click to maximize the window, the only options I have are close or FSX (when I click on FSX) it tells me FSX is already running.Anyone use this program, if so, can you tell me how to make it show me FSX again?Thanks.

I never heard of that one. I use the autosave function in the regged version of FSUIPC.Any docs or anything with that program?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I never heard of that one. I use the autosave function in the regged version of FSUIPC.Any docs or anything with that program?
Yes, it has a readme that explains how to set it up, i.e how to tell it what intervals to autosave and the format (dd/mm/yr) that it saves the files in.It seems to save the files just fine, the problem is attempting to load them back up. I can HEAR the plane (engine, defualt ATC, etc) but I just see my desktop. When I click on the FSX icon on the toolbar it just blinks. Sure wish I could figure out how to open the window back up so I could complete my flight.

I know it and I've used it without any problems. How do you load the saved flight? Using the ingame load option? When you only hear things but see the desktop, what happens when you hit Alt-Enter? Or use Alt-Tab to get to FSX?

I know it and I've used it without any problems. How do you load the saved flight? Using the ingame load option? When you only hear things but see the desktop, what happens when you hit Alt-Enter? Or use Alt-Tab to get to FSX?
Haven't tried that, I'll give it a shot and see if those hot-keys help. Thank you.

Well not sure now, when I open FSX I get a message telling me the autosave program has stopped working. The only option I have is to click "OK".I've uninstalled the program, restarted my PC and reinstalled it. When I start FSX I get the same error.

The purchased version of FSUIPC has 'Autosave' built in.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Well not sure now, when I open FSX I get a message telling me the autosave program has stopped working. The only option I have is to click "OK".I've uninstalled the program, restarted my PC and reinstalled it. When I start FSX I get the same error.
I just installed this program last week and have done 5 flights with no fsx issues until now. When I start FSX, I get the same message above about the fsx autosave program has stopped working, but I am able to continue to the startup screen and load my last saved flight. I do not fly with full screen view so when I go to the Add-on menu I cannot see the FS Save program in there. I also tried to do a re-install of the autosave program, but I'm still getting that message. I've decided to complete my flight and than I'll try to sort it afterwards.One thing I always do at the completion of my flights is delete all of the autsave files including the WX and log in the FS Folder in the my documents. I also clear the files in my PMDG 744 or PMDG 737 panel folders. I'll see if this solves thie issue of the stopped program after my flight.I'll also look into the FSUPC version of the autosave. I have the reg version, but never knew it had that function. Thanks for that.Jeff Smith