Sign in to follow this  
Budlake

Cannot see the horizon in the 737NGX 2D Cockpit

All I see from the 2D cockpit is the rwy/taxiway immediately in front of the nose. This surely is not natural and is incredibly difficult to work with.Is there anything that I can do to correct this? I have tried the SHIFT and BACKSPACE keys but they do not adjust it anywhere close to the natural level.ThanksMike

Hi Mike,I used to be an exclusive 2d user. Trust me persevere with getting used to the virtual cockpit, invest in a Trackir and your experience will change for ever.Yes the 2d views you describe are very unnatural.The virtual cockpit in this NGX is amazing and I have not looked at 2D since!

I agree, I recently got the TrackIR5 and it has improved FSX alot.So, back to the 2D cockpit.Do you have all the recent service packs installed? I'm not sure when, but at some point, the 2D cockpit's view was changed and enabled the pilot to look straight ahead.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If you're using a 16:9 or 16:10 monitor go to your fsx.cfg file, find the line 'WideViewAspect' and set it to true.If that doesn't work do a search in the NGX forum for "view too low" and you'll find an edit for the camera position.

Edited by MrKen

Mike,Ctrl - SHift and Q will do it. Ctrl - Q to lower the view. You can also edit the panel.cfg for the 737 NGX and where in the "Views" section it says something like,VIEWS_Forward_Dir ( something liek that) change the 10 it starts with to 3 or 4.Gerry

Go to your main FSX Directory - SIMOBJECTS - AIRPLANES - PMDG 737-800NGX - PANEL and load the panel.cfg with Notepad. Find the following lines listed below and change the values listed in red to what I have below and it will work just fine. There is just one little issue. If you ever hit reset eye point view it seems to get out of whack. To fix this just look out your left or right window in 2d-panel view and it will be back to where it should be. I tried a bunch of numbers and tried to compare the virtual cockpit vs 2d-panel cockpit views until I was able to get the 2d-panel to look the same as virtual cockpit view and 5.5 seems to do the job. Don't forget the wideaspectview in FSX.cfg as discussed above by Mr. Ken.[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,MINIPANELVIEW_FORWARD_DIR=5.5, 0.0, 0.0VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.8

Edited by UAL115

Thank you everybody for all your suggestions.I shall be trying them out, possibly tomorrow, after I have completed my current flight.all the bestMike

Ctrl - SHift and Q will do it. Ctrl - Q to lower the view
I reassigned mine to shift - enter and shift - backspace. As they were in FS9.Essential if you are a 2D user, you will use these keys all the time with different add-ons.Works great, easy peesy.

All I see from the 2D cockpit is the rwy/taxiway immediately in front of the nose. This surely is not natural and is incredibly difficult to work with.Is there anything that I can do to correct this? I have tried the SHIFT and BACKSPACE keys but they do not adjust it anywhere close to the natural level.ThanksMike
For the case that you have addons like the EZDOK camera installed you may want to go to the VC and change the view back to looking straight ahead and not down. When you look down in the VC using the EZDOK you'll look down the same way when in the 2D.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

If you're using a 16:9 or 16:10 monitor go to your fsx.cfg file, find the line 'WideViewAspect' and set it to true.If that doesn't work do a search in the NGX forum for "view too low" and you'll find an edit for the camera position.
Thanks MrKen, that fixed it :-) Taxying is so much easier now.Mike