Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

My First Forum “BANNED” ORBX

I know it's not the 1st of april, but all of this is the joke, right ?

No mate not a joke at all.. I can also speak volumes on ORBX treatmentJust trying to help or even giving suggestions is frowned apon seriously and will get you banned..!They run a very tight ship there and stepping out of line will get you kicked to the side. No formal "fatherly" advice to get you back in line. people do not mean a thing to them. As it was said by some ORBX senior : "I'd like to note that Orbx does not sell 'relationships' with its customers, just the finest quality scenery and airports with the best support. You purchase our products; we support it. Please don't expect anything more than that from our company. We are a business selling quality FS addons, not an internet dating site".this make a lot of good reading and seeing the ORBX response will let you make up your own mind...!!http://forum.avsim.n.../page__hl__orbx

Edited by bliksimpie

You have my sympathies too, David.I've got two ORBX products. They're pretty good, but not the shangri-la of flightsimming that I thought they would be after reading reviews. One thing's for certain. I can't stand arrogant, 'put up or shut up' type sellers in any market, least of all when it's for my hobby. In contrast, PMDG know they're one of the best - if not THE best - in what they do, but they don't go around treating customers - even the difficult ones - like something the dog's brought in. It's amazing to think how much damage ORBX must have done to it's reputation in recent months...Ian

I suspect the gentleman who posted his comments..."I'd like to note that Orbx does not sell 'relationships' with its customers, just the finest quality scenery and airports with the best support. You purchase our products; we support it. Please don't expect anything more than that from our company. We are a business selling quality FS addons, not an internet dating site".regrets very much his words, if not, then he most certainly doesn't deserve the support of his customers.However, I must come to the defence of the 'said' person, as I understand he and his family are going through a difficult time health wise, so still wish him well in his difficult time.Oh, BTW, Bejamin, why on earth would you ask if it's April 1st?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Well..... This doesn't come as a surprise to me. I absolutely LOVE the OrbX products And have bought most of then. But in the past year I've seen an increasing arrogance in their attitude in their forum. Especially John's attitude is one of zero-tolerance to criticism or even to difficult questions. Even with regular support questions make sure you triple checked if someone hasn't asked before, cause otherwise you'll read some serious irritation in the OrbX response. I understand some people have a problem to behave and follow rules, but I feel most forum users are descent people with a legit reason to post something. I must say that with PMDG I sometimes also see some arrogance, but the level OrbX is starting to show is worrying me.And you can not even tell them without getting banned with the speed of light.

Edited by fwerff

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

"I'd like to note that Orbx does not sell 'relationships' with its customers, just the finest quality scenery and airports with the best support. You purchase our products; we support it. Please don't expect anything more than that from our company. We are a business selling quality FS addons, not an internet dating site".
Thanks for the link and the quote bliksimpie, I am quite shocked :( ...It's funny to see John posting about how great is Prepar3D and Orbx, but never facing is customers on a "kinda free" forum.Anyway, lesson learned, I will carry the word with some NZ and Thai friend.

Oh, BTW, Bejamin, why on earth would you ask if it's April 1st?
Maybe because this thing is just to big,One thing is clear with MS Flight, Orbx, Airsimmer and all to come, 2012 will be a disaster year. Hopefully the maya revelation will put us out of misery.

Orbx... Love their products (I'd still recommend PNW to everyone), but I don't like how they treat customers... I own >20 Orbx payware products, I have always spread the Orbx-gospel and I may even have more posts on the Orbx-forum then on this forum, but I have left the Orbx-building. I signed out of my Orbx account and I am not planning to make use of it again. I actually even asked (using the PM-system) if they would be so kind to delete my account, but I never got a response... They DID read my PM but they simply 'left the conversation'.It's a shame because there are a lot of nice people on the forum. There are also a lot of great and nice developers associated with Orbx. I say 'associated' because I never regarded Orbx as a 'real' company in that regard: imo Orbx is an umbrella for other developers who simply sell their addons through Orbx: hence the sometimes huge difference in quality...Anyway, the ban doesn't surprise me at ALL. And you know what... I am looking forward to MS Flight and I am actually a bit glad that Orbx won't have anything to do with it. At the same time it's very sad that I am thinking this way... and I never thought I would be posting negative things about Orbx... :(

Edited by J van E

Hi Jeroen, looks like all us Orbx supporters are taking camp over here :( I have been stopped from posting unless 'approved' by a moderator. I guess that is some way of saying, watch your step, a little like Big Brother, I don't like that. If I cannot post by tomorrow I will also say my farewells. I personally know of five guys who have been banned, it's bloody absurd. However, I will write a personal email and ask how they intend to provide me with support if that is the case.I will be sorry to leave if I have to but hey, there seem to be some good guys around here to hang around with, except of course that Jeroen guy, now he IS trouble :( (only joking my friend!)

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

that Jeroen guy, now he IS trouble :( (only joking my friend!)
:( Edited by SpiritFlyer

Is there something wrong with me? I buy their products because I like it and I feel it is value for money, if I hav a problem with it they support me and fix it. What they do with their pricing and sales policy is their business. I spend 95% of my fsx time flying and 5% on related forums. I think many people with mega posts counts have it the opposite way round! Voicing negative opinions on forums is asking for trouble. If your banned, what do you actually lose? Not the ability to use and enjoy their product.

-Iain Watson-

except of course that Jeroen guy, now he IS trouble :( (only joking my friend!)
Big%20Grin.gif :(

If your banned, what do you actually lose?
Mostly correct my friend except that last bit, you actually loose support for issues, problems that need rectifying, help with installation issues and such.Now that I am retired I do enjoy some of the banter on forums across many sites that offer this option. When I was working full time I could not participate like I do or can now. But, flying is really what I am here for and I try to get more time actually learning new stuff. And building my own sceneries.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

JV in a tailspin as MS snubbed Him? All staked on P3D and sod the consumer market? Clearly his stakeholders are not in his own forums. Sad days.