Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

My First Forum “BANNED” ORBX

Hi,I join the Orbx forums and became a big fan, buying 30 of their products. Up to now I have clocked up 1,836 replies/posts and got to know many good/nice people over there. Many around the same age as myself (49).I was thinking of moving over to P3D but after reading JV statement that there SBSL (side by side license) for their products will be a set price per product, £4.50 per product. One I have only cost £10 to start with.There a business and need to make money, I have my own so a totally understand that, but there SBSL is doing very little more than just letting P3D read the files from FSX, the very same files I have already bought.£4.50 x 30 =£135.00 This is way over the top imho, I made a topic about this and asked if there could be an option to buy a one off SBSL to cover all products. I thought this was not unreasonable for big users like myself.The Topic got deleted within 10 mins and I am now Banned.I could not even think of treating my customers like that even if I had a online business what message does that send to me? And my custom.If a mod asks why I don’t take this up with Orbx, JV PM is greyed out to me and the forum Mod could not even take the time to replie to me asking way?Being a very good customer and raising imho a valid point of view got me banned, I could say how I feel but instead I ask you “How would you feel?”

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Are you really shocked at that? Seeing the way they treat their customers?I do run my own business and if I had upset customers I certainly wouldn't just toss them under the bus.It was one thing to slap pre-pay suckers (me being one of them) in the face, and another to insult all those that complained after the fact (many complaints from some of their most devoted customers as you know).It will be a long time coming before they see any cash from me again after seeing that attitude.I speak with my wallet.....

Edited by altstiff

Fortunately there are lot of other good scenery designers.Their products are as good as bad is their attitude to the customers. Eqilibrium exist everywhere.

I have also lost posting rights over there after the criticism over the Christmas sale issue, despite doing nothing other than questioning the policy. There was no rude language or anything like that used.I saw your topic at Orbx and figured you would be getting a ban of some sorts!I also received no response when I sent an e-mail to the mods of that forum asking if the ban was either permanent or temporary and how I could expect to recieve support for the products I have purchased if I cannot post in the support forum.I cant say I am that bothered about posting over there in general but I SHOULD have access to the support part of the forum at least, regardless of anything else.

Edited by GHarrall

Wow, they sound like a bunch of jerks? Are you sure that you didn't say anything out of the ordinary except question their policy? Interesting, glad I haven't got any of their stuff! Love to hear an opinion from Orbix...that's my vote :)Mark

Sad to hear that...I do understand that they charge for their SBSL though. They need to tweak their installers and should get payed for it. The price can always be discussed, but as customers we vote with our wallets. I suspect volume is low for P3D products.From a business standpoint I can see that ORBX wouldn't want to have open discussions about pricing in their forums. However, they should have sent you a polite e-mail explaining this and thanked you for your business.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

It is troublesome that a customer cannot get support for a purchased product. I assume that the budget of Orbx has a support line item. That means it is a cost that is embedded into the product's cost. You, the customer, then pay for support. Now the company denies giving you what you pay for. Maybe someone, in Australia, should take this up in their equivalent of Small Claims Court. People who have a business on the Internet should, by now, realize that they have to manage forums. Deny a bad actor access for a few weeks if needed but a total ban appears, to me, to be way beyond reason unless there are extenuating circumstances.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Just hearing about stuff like that would make me never even think of trying any ot their products even if they gave the stuff away for free. Sounds like they came down with a bad case of Arianeitis.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

David, you got banned because "unfortunately" you made a valid point.!!!Dont buy from them again!!!

If it's a support forum and you're not supposed to ask those sort of questions there, then I would expect disciplinary action of some sort, such as deletion of the post, perhaps with a warning; and at the very worse, a temporary suspension. I used to play World of Warcraft and used the Battlenet forum for talking about it. Off topic conversation was banned. One day I inadvertently started an off topic subject and was locked out of my account for several days as a result. It seemed reasonable, and I accepted that. A permanent ban would not have not have been reasonable - that's not the right way to treat people at all, especially for loyal customers who have products registered to that account. Furthermore, ignoring people when they appeal in a sincere manner about their ban is insulting and hurtful - and it will make ORBX a lot of enemies. One can only wonder at the mentality behind such behaviour. It's tantemount to making people disappear, which, in my opinion would put it in the same league as the mentality of a totalitarian ruler.I don't know the full circumstances of your case, but from what you have said I can understand your frustration. I think it's important to share these kind of experiences so that others are aware. Unfortunately there is little more that can be done. When a company offers a product or service that is in demand, it can do so on its own terms and those terms can be pretty much anything they like. However, a bad reputation, once acquired, is hard to get rid of.On a side note, Prepar3d, in my opinion is going nowhere at the moment. It uses an antiquated engine which is not going to get overhauled anytime soon, and it is overpriced. The market for it is tiny, and for add-ons, even tinier. At the moment it is nothing more than a polished version of FSX - with the added complication of having a different user license. The DX11 version will be new, but what current add-ons are going to work with that? What if the models all turn out textureless again, or there are other compatibility problems? Ok, ORBX are involved, but how many other developers will be? Without third party developer supoort for Perpar3d, current FSX add-ons are at risk. Therefore it seems to me to be a folly to try to switch to Prepar3d at this stage. The most sensible course of action regarding the choice of simulation platform is to stick with FSX for the moment, as there are a good few more years left in it. When FSX starts to get old, it ought to be apparent which platfrom is emerging as its successor. And that might be X-plane, it might be Prepar3d or it might even be Flight. Who knows?

Edited by JasonD210

They tend to be very defensive in their forums. I posted a video of x-plane 10 and their new lighting system and it got deleted; I didn't even get a warning.Easiest solution is not to post in their forums.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Dave, me old fruit, yes.. it stinks! My opinions have changed dramatically about Orbx and to the point that I may no longer support their products. I am absolutely bloody amazed that, as a business, they deem it more productive to 'ban' someone from their forum, delete proper discussion and all the bad PR that generates for future sales, rather than allow guys to have a moan and more than likely receive equally relevent posts from those who support the SBSL. A really shallow business move IMO. As has already been said, to treat someone in that way, without even a courteous email and then delete them from the forum is frankly downright bloody arrogant.Like other guys around here, I too work for myself and if I treated them like you have been Dave, I would justifiably lose my business!Dick made an excellent point regarding support. If my memory serves me well (sounds like lyrics to a song) doesn't Orbx sell their products with the emphasis on support. In fact they actually write on the website ....- Don't request support by email- Register on the FTX support forumsSo Dave my friend, I suggest you bring this point to the attention of a certain person at Orbx.I suspect this post may well be read by Orbx people and half expect me to be no longer there the next time I access the forum. I hope not, 'cos I do support Orbx products and have done for a long time. I also find the fellas over on the forum great to hang around with, but like the rest of us here, to lose access to the forum simply because they don't agree with what you say, is nothing short of absurd (IMO) :(

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Yes.My topic at orbx was locked without being able to reply and any other comments weremade here on avsim which can be searched by my username.The topic at orbx simply asked why the new pre-released products we're included in the sale.