Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

My First Forum “BANNED” ORBX

Careful Dave.... there may be a knock on the door in the middle of the night :(
:( That emoticon really made me laugh.... haha

I just get this :( :( :( B) B)1895.jpgIol, many a true word there St Mawgan
Thats what I got for a while....then it changed to "Your posting rights have been removed by an administrator"

327Nopermission.pngWell, it looks like I have earned the same badge of dishonour.So, since I can not post my thoughts on the passing of Tailgunner over there, I will do it here. My thoughts will be with his family during this time. It was great to see a man in his late eighties immersed in computers and simulation flying. We had exchanged posts a number of times relating to trying to get his rig performing properly. Peter had been a tailgunner in Lancasters during world war two and had stayed active in aviation in one form or another since. He passed away in the UK on January 13th, 2011. It saddens me that he is gone from this community.Kind regards, Edited by SpiritFlyer

I wounder what you did Stephen? :Shocked:Yes I also would have liked to reply to that post.Perhaps a post on mine AVIS fsx forums?

Edited by NyxxUK

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

327Nopermission.pngWell, it looks like I have earned the same badge of dishonour.So, since I can not post my thoughts on the passing of Tailgunner over there, I will do it here. My thoughts will be with his family during this time. It was great to see a man in his late eighties immersed in computers and simulation flying. We had exchanged posts a number of times relating to trying to get his rig performing properly. Peter had been a tailgunner in Lancasters during world war two and had stayed active in aviation in one form or another since. He passed away in the UK on January 13th, 2011. It saddens me that he is gone from this community.Kind regards,
sad indeed - I had the pleasure of helping Tailgunner with a problem he was having via PM. Very pleasent and nice gent. Thoughts go out to his family.Sorry about the ban! :(

Seems that the basic law of physics is right after all. Even though I chose to dispute it at school !! Think it goes something on the lines of..."every action has an equal and opposite reaction"

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

So, since I can not post my thoughts on the passing of Tailgunner over there, I will do it here. My thoughts will be with his family during this time. It was great to see a man in his late eighties immersed in computers and simulation flying. We had exchanged posts a number of times relating to trying to get his rig performing properly. Peter had been a tailgunner in Lancasters during world war two and had stayed active in aviation in one form or another since. He passed away in the UK on January 13th, 2011. It saddens me that he is gone from this community.Kind regards,
Oh no! aww, this saddens me deeply Stephen. I had no idea. Peter was such a lovely old guy. We swapped PM's a couple of times, the last one being about posting screenies, still don't think he managed to get his head around it! I had no idea he had flown in Lancasters in the war, although had I put my brain into gear, I guess his forum name would have given the game away a little!I hope at this sad time that his family can pull together and support one another. My thoughts are with them all and I'll be thinking of Peter as he flies skywards towards the big aircraft in the sky. I hope they still have his seat reserved :( :( Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Peter was a nice and gentle man who amazingly enjoyed this hobby flying alongside of kids. That says a lot about about the ageless appeal of Flight simming doesn't it?Kind regards,

Very true, my Dad is 72 in a couple of days and simms ever day, he can fly the NGX no problem, and he is a dab hand in IL2 too....He has been simming since Tornado on the ZX Spectrum.Sad to hear the news of Tailgunner, never knew him but seemed to be an exceptional man.

-Iain Watson-

I never interacted with Peter/Tailgunner, but hearing about him is an inspiration, I can only hope I still have the sense and patience to be simming at the same age. RIP.

Edited by kludger

--John near KPAE

Very sad news indeed... Thanks for sharing...

I can't begin to imagine what simming will be like if I am lucky to live that long. If I could have seen what I can do now when I was flying on my Spectrum all those years ago I would faint so goodness knows how it will be in another thirty or forty years!To change the subject slightly, it might be interesting for you to go to your settings and have a look at 'Your Profile' to see who has viewed it recently. I think we are being watched very closely by spies from 'over there'. Not surprising I suppose dirol.gif

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

It appears I am now fully banned from the ORBX forums, so not just restricted from posting anything, but can't even go in and read up on support questions and answers or updates for my products either. Precious. :( Oh well, I guess I have joined the club along with many of you here and will make the best of it. :( :( "So let the sunshine in, face it with a grin, smilers never lose, and frowners never win" :Whistle:Kind regards,

Stephan Why were you Banned? I have not visited the Orbx forums since early last month,I just don't feel any connection with their ideology.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick