Sign in to follow this  
trevorbee

Flight will be good

Argumentum ad hominem:The person presenting an argument is attacked instead of the argument itself. This takes many forms. For example, the person's character, nationality or religion may be attacked. Alternatively, it may be pointed out that a person stands to gain from a favourable outcome. Or, finally, a person may be attacked by association, or by the company one keeps.ENOUGH!!!!
"You're a shill.""You sound like a shill."The former is an ad hominem. The latter is not.

..and that gets you a break from the forums..

Its an interestting statement. I think that's what a lot of people are looking for - an emotional relationship with the product, rather than using the best that is avialable at the present. As to seeing the future, what utter nonsense. I don't think even Microsoft know as much as you claim to.
Don't try to analyse what I write, I write exactly what I mean. I'm very literal, I have no hidden agenda.My statement: "As for me, I'm going to enjoy Flight, and I'm looking forward to a long relationship with it." This part is a totally factual statement. I can enjoy something without having an "emotional relationship with it." I'm looking for, and will support, what I feel is the flight simulator that gives me the best experience for my investment. Of the simulators I have tried, neither FSX nor X-Plane have given me the best experience.
As to seeing the future, what utter nonsense. I don't think even Microsoft know as much as you claim to. I am not at all sure whether Flight will be a success, even for its target group, becasue of the business model Microsoft are going for, whcih essentially means they will own and control all add-on and social content.
"I've seen the future and it isn't FSX or X-Plane." This part is obviously my opinion. Is Flight currently available? Is it PRESENTLY a fightsim that is available for anyone to use. No, it isn't. Therefore it is a FUTURE product, So my statement about seeing the future is not "utter nonsense," but based on both what I have seen and on my evaluation of what I have seen.Enlighten me. What exactly have I claimed to know?

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Well good folks I to have been at this hobby, game, simulator, passion whatever you want to call it, For a long time I remember when it was just a x on the screen .I look at the new Flight as a new genre, the next generation of success of Flight Sims and computers, the gig is up we old timers are going to have to either decide to keep up, or use old technology.I spent all this time tweaking FSX and became pretty good at it, in fact most of us id say have built computers around FSX.Well im not about to be left behind , im going to keep up with this new flight , I cant wait to start jumping through what ever hoops they have in mine for us just to get started .Yes sir I have my credit card ready for what ever I have to do to get to the heavies in Flight.It’s in our blood or it’s in mine, I have to see I have to try, Yes I cannot wait.Right now im 36000 ft in the air flying from Indy to Corpus Christi in a 767 level d, running 6 monitors through two computers.The view is fantastic, I can only imaging how it will look in Flight.So if Flight is everything I hope it will be I may and will say good bye to Fsx and all the fixings.If not I will just wait for the next new comer with a sim just for us old timers J2600k @ 4.3Gz1. Terra ………FSX..Traffic x..level.d360 HD285 GTX vid card8 gig of ram800 power supplyPentium 4 @ 3.2160 raptor 10.000 HD4 gig ramOn board graphics300 power supplyRadar contact, 2012, weather, Flightsim commander, etc.Thanks…….Robert

Enlighten me. What exactly have I claimed to know?
Well, you claimed to be able to see the future but I think you were really talking about your future! And there's nothing wrong with liking Flight. However, From what I've seen of it, Flight certainly isn't my future, as it stands now, because of the control Microsoft want to exercise over it. Doesn't that bother you? I've been using MSFS since FS4 so I am a little disappointed with Flight.Also, bear in mind that X-plane is also a future product, since it is around and undergoing continuous development and looks set to continue to do so. So you can't say that the future isn't X-plane. I understand it is your opinion but I don't agree with you :-)One thing is for certain, change is coming!

Just to be clear, by "future," I was referring to the near future of GA PC Flightsims (the next few years) ... NOT my own future.Perhaps I've seen more of Flight than you have.I'm not saying that FSX, or X-Plane, or P3D are going to vanish ... but there is always one flightsim that ends up being the one on top.MS has no obligation to release an SDK. No software developer does. Those who chose to release one, generally do so in order to make their product more popular.Here's my prediction: MS is already working with a few third party developers (who will have access to the SDK), and their addons will become part of the available Flight DLC. I don't believe that the SDK will be available to anyone outside of this small group (at least not for at least a year or so). One thing seems clear: MS wants all the addons for Flight to be distributed exclusively through the Flight Marketplace. This is their decision, right or wrong. But I'm not going to boycott a good fightsim, just because the developer wants to retain control over its addons. And there is a good side to this, the addons will be easier to find, compatible, high quality, and easy to install on multiple PCs.

~ Arwen ~

As for me, I'm going to enjoy Flight, and I'm looking forward to a long relationship with it.
Do you get 50 Microsoft Points every time you say something good about Flight? Not that there's anything wrong with that. That's 50 more Microsoft Points than my Gamertag account will ever have.

Here's my prediction: MS is already working with a few third party developers (who will have access to the SDK), and their addons will become part of the available Flight DLC. I don't believe that the SDK will be available to anyone outside of this small group (at least not for at least a year or so). One thing seems clear: MS wants all the addons for Flight to be distributed exclusively through the Flight Marketplace. This is their decision, right or wrong. But I'm not going to boycott a good fightsim, just because the developer wants to retain control over its addons. And there is a good side to this, the addons will be easier to find, compatible, high quality, and easy to install on multiple PCs.
You do realize what you sound like when I add the fact that you are in the Flight beta, but not only that, you claim to have seen more of the beta than the regular beta testers.I could consider your privileged beta tester position to be a reward for being an untiring advocate for Flight all over the Internet, cutting down everyone who points these facts out to you.I suggest that although you may have seen things others have not and that you are genuinely impressed by what you saw, it has not much to do with what many of the simmers in this forum would like in their next flight simulation.You are raising the hopes of people here by dangling invisible carrots that muddy the waters around Flight. Not only that, but the Administrators on this site take your side and let you get away with things for which others were suspended or banned outright.

Do you get a discount on an X-Plane 10 addon every time you say something negative about Flight?This thread is about why some of us think Flight will be good. Trying to turn people off about Flight, so that they will buy X-Plane 10, is not the purpose of this thread.

You do realize what you sound like when I add the fact that you are in the Flight beta, but not only that, you claim to have seen more of the beta than the regular beta testers.I could consider your privileged beta tester position to be a reward for being an untiring advocate for Flight all over the Internet, cutting down everyone who points these facts out to you.I suggest that although you may have seen things others have not and that you are genuinely impressed by what you saw, it has not much to do with what many of the simmers in this forum would like in their next flight simulation.You are raising the hopes of people here by dangling invisible carrots that muddy the waters around Flight. Not only that, but the Administrators on this site take your side and let you get away with things for which others were suspended or banned outright.
I suggest that you are totally wrong on ALL counts. What have I EVER gotten away with here? All I have tried to do is balance out this forum a bit against all the Flight bashing and hate. It is very easy to jump on the bandwagon and join the mob mentality and rip an upcoming flight simulator apart, by criticizing everyone who posts anything positive about it, and by making totally false statements about.It is much harder to be in the minority, and to take abuse (including personal abuse) just because I happen to believe in Flight. If that is wrong, then Tom should shut down this forum and any other forum where users support a specific flightsim. Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

For anyone who is looking which sim to buy next, best advise is not to listen this speculation at all. Nobody here knows what Flight will exactly be in the end, and also one persons good is anothers bad.I would be happy with Flight if I could get whole world and freedom to fly anywhere with big jets, some kind of ATC and full third party support with free SDK. Thats my definition of good in this case, but of course someone else will be happy with flying MS made general aviation aircrafts in nice looking pacific islands.

Edited by pvjinflight

Do you get a discount on an X-Plane 10 addon every time you say something negative about Flight?This thread is about why some of us think Flight will be good. \Trying to turn people off about Flight, so that they will buy X-Plane 10, is not the purpose of this thread.I suggest that you are totally wrong on ALL counts. What have I EVER gotten away with here? All I have tried to do is balance out this forum a bit against all the Flight bashing and hate. It is very easy to jump on the bandwagon and join the mob mentality and rip an upcoming flight simulator apart, by criticizing everyone who posts anything positive about it, and by making totally false statements about.It is much harder to be in the minority, and to take abuse (including personal abuse) just because I happen to believe in Flight. If that is wrong, then Tom should shut down this forum and any other forum where users support a specific flightsim.
Do you get a discount on an X-Plane 10 addon every time you say something negative about Flight?
Find a post where I have mentioned XP in a positive light. Then talk.
This thread is about why some of us think Flight will be good.Trying to turn people off about Flight, so that they will buy X-Plane 10, is not the purpose of this thread.
So, you never posted in a thread where people expressed their displeasure with Flight?
I suggest that you are totally wrong on ALL counts. What have I EVER gotten away with here?
Do you deny being a beta tester? Do you deny that you have seen more content than other beta testers? Do you deny talking about what you have seen in the beta? Others have and were treated differently.
It is much harder to be in the minority, and to take abuse (including personal abuse) just because I happen to believe in Flight.
It's funny that you should mention that. Were you not the one throwing a fit after one of my posts that had nothing against you personally? Yet another incident you got away with.
If that is wrong, then Tom should shut down this forum and any other forum where users support a specific flightsim.
There is nothing wrong with supporting Flight. It is wrong to look down on those who do not share your view and it is wrong to act like you must be right because you have seen what others have not.

Find a post where I have mentioned XP in a positive light. Then talk.So, you never posted in a thread where people expressed their displeasure with Flight?
That part of my reply was above what I quoted from you. It was directed at the previous post.
Do you deny being a beta tester? Do you deny that you have seen more content than other beta testers? Do you deny talking about what you have seen in the beta? Others have and were treated differently
I cannot answer that. But have I ever stated that I was a beta tester? I've suggested that there may be more to the beta test than what has been leaked. What have I talked about that was supposedly only in the beta (and NOT on MS's Flight webpage)?
It's funny that you should mention that. Were you not the one throwing a fit after one of my posts that had nothing against you personally? Yet another incident you got away with.
You're going to have to show me exactly where I supposedly "threw a fit."
There is nothing wrong with supporting Flight. It is wrong to look down on those who do not share your view and it is wrong to act like you must be right because you have seen what others have not.
I have stated that PERHAPS I know more than some of the members here who are basing most of their negative comments on nothing more than speculation. Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

I'd love to see this thread in a years time when Flight has established itself (or is establishing itself) as the next generation flight sim. In fact I'm going to bookmark it and hope it will still be here. :(

I'd love to see this thread in a years time when Flight has established itself (or is establishing itself) as the next generation flight sim.In fact I'm going to bookmark it and hope it will still be here. :(
Good luck with that. Its interesting to see how Microsoft is going to release whole world as DLC packs in years time, as I refuse to call Flight next generation flight sim if I cant fly to deepest jungles of Congo, Siberia and any place on Earth I want to fly into.By the way old threads about if Flight is going to be Hawaii only by default or not look quite fun now, you should check them out :) Edited by pvjinflight

I'd love to see this thread in a years time when Flight has established itself (or is establishing itself) as the next generation flight sim.In fact I'm going to bookmark it and hope it will still be here. :(
+1I am looking forward to that too! I don't know what I am going to like more: MS Flight or the looks on the faces (pity we will never really see them) of those who are talking MS Flight down now! :( Ah, heck, of course I am going to like MS Flight more... Edited by J van E

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.