Sign in to follow this  
Tom Wright

STILL Spiking!

Guest firehawk44

If the link I provided above does not help, a Google search of 'CPU-Z shows that 6Gb RAM is installed, but the BIOS only POSTs 4Gb' will provide you thousands of more links....Best regards,Jim

Try the BP=0 tweak in your FSX.cfg. This fixed all spiking and stutters for me.

I upgrade from a gts 520 to gtx 560, not ti, and I haven't seen any spikes since. I also have a i7 920 but I only overclocked to 2.8ghz. Have you tried lowering some of the settings?

I have the same motherboard. If the ram timing is too aggresive for the voltage it will cause the under-reporting of ram. Try setting your ram speed to 1600 8-8-8-24 DRAM voltage 1.64v. External limiter locked at 30, HIGHMEMFIX, and AM=14 should fix the spiking.DaveIntel Core I7 975 Quadcore OC @ 3.75 Ghz (Air)Asus P6T DLX V2 X58 1366, BD Combo Plextor B310SA6GB (3x2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR3 1866C7GTHIS ATI 6950 2GB, Samsung 24", Saitek X-52 ProLogitech Z680 5.1 Speakers, G15 Keyboard, G5 MouseThermaltake Element S Case, Corsair 850HX PSUC: Intel 80GB SSD w/Windows 7 Home 64D: WD 300GB Velocity Raptor w/FSX+Accel+GEX, F4AFE: WD 1TB Caviar Black w/Data SH4

Did you ever get your spiking fixed? I was going to say, try removing your bufferpools section and see if it still happens. That would be where I would start. Weird about your mb but I think you vc is maxed due to no bp.

ou812