Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

White airport buildings, help needed...

Hi,I know it's not PMDG related. I already headed over to the Aerosoft forums, but it seems that the people there can't really help me. So I'm hoping that I can get the problem solved with the people here. Well, I just got my new GPU, the EVGA GTX 560TI-448 1280 MB. Really happy with it, getting great FPS. So I just installed this new GPU, with no problems. I installed the drivers. But unfortunately, (at least for me), there is always at least ONE thing wrong with FSX. In this case it's this: at some Aerosoft airports (EHAM, LEBL, perhaps even more), when I get out of a range of about 3 miles of the airport, some or most of the airport buildings turn entirely white. When I get closer to the airport it's all normal again. You can see this in the screenshot right under this. This is what I tried to solve the problem:- Trying different drivers, 285.xx and 290.53. Unfortunately, other drivers are not available for this card, because it's relatively new card, so it will only work with 285 or later.- Deleting scenery cache- Reinstalling the scenery- Let FSX rebuild my FSX.cfg- Set up Ryan's guide for NVIDIA inspector- Lowing/changing some graphics/scenery settings.Is anyone else seeing this problem too, and do you how to solve it? I'm not running DX10 preview mode. Could it be my new graphics card, that corrupts something in FSX? Does a new graphics card require a new install of FSX?Hope you can help me, thanks!Here the screenshot:whitebuildingsproblemEHAM.png

I reinstalled FSX, and what do you think? I did NOT fix the problem. It's still there. This tells me there's a problem with my graphics card. It's not fualty or something I think. But it's not compatible with FSX. A little bit like ATI cards, they also have these glitches, how can I return it? I already took everything out of the box.This is why I'm so extremely fed up with FSX. There's always a problem with it. If the first one is fixed, a new one arrives.

Edited by arjenfsx

What was the result of running this?http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I think this is related to your lod radius. You can try increasing it, but be careful as too much will lead to oom's.

Edited by MrKen

What was the result of running this?http://forum.avsim.n...f-all-settings/
I said in my original post that I already ran this. It's obviously an incompatibility problem between the GTX 560TI-448 and FSX. I'm just curious if anyone else has ever seen this problem too with other cards. Even reinstalling FSX didn't work. I can't use drivers older than 285.xx, because this card is very new model and not compatible with those drivers. So I'm out of options right now. Of course I can also email NVIDIA that there's a problem between their card and FSX, but I guess that won't work... I also already tried the newets drivers.

I think this is related to your lod radius. You can try increasing it, but be careful as too much will lead to oom's.
Nope, I changed the LOD_RADIUS=8.0000000. And even this did not working. When getting around 3 miles or more away from the airport, all buildings turned entirely white. This is why I want a new sim. FSX is getting too old, too many incompatibility problems with the newer graphics card. I think the same things will happen with the new NVIDIA 600 series. If you have any other ideas than please tell me.

Rebuilding fsx.cfg or reinstalling the airports maybe, but that'd be it.I had a problem once where none of the buildings/people/fences etc would show up at my orbx airports & rebuilding fsx.cfg fixed that.What version nvidia driver are you using?

Edited by MrKen

Rebuilding fsx.cfg or reinstalling the airports maybe, but that'd be it.
As I said I already tried this. I even tried reinstalling FSX with a default FSX.cfg, it still happens. Not at all airports though. For example it doesn't happen on Aerosoft Ibiza, but it does happen a little bit in Aerosoft Barcelona, and it does happen with all building in Aerosoft EHAM. This GPU is just not compatible with FSX I guess. I think I should try to return it and buy the GTX 570. But I'm afraid I can't return it, because it's arleady installed in my PC. How could I be so stupid to buy a GPU that doesn't even have reviews with FSX yet? *FACEPALM*. I feel very bad now. :(

Hello, This might seem an odd solution, but someone in Aerosoft forum mentioned something similar and the reply was to uncheck Ground Scenery Shadows in FS Scenery. Hope this helps. richard welsh.

Have you tried a different version driver?
Because this is such a new card, (released only 2 months ago), it only works with the 285.xx drivers or higher. I have tried both the 285 WHQL driver, and also de 290.53 Beta driver. Both did not solve the problem. Perhaps this will be fixed in the future in some newer drivers for this card, but for the moment I'm just planning to return it. I should have gone with the GTX 580 as I initially planned... Silly me...
Hello, This might seem an odd solution, but someone in Aerosoft forum mentioned something similar and the reply was to uncheck Ground Scenery Shadows in FS Scenery. Hope this helps. richard welsh.
I don't even have ground scenery shadows enabled at all! So this does not work. It's an incompatibility problem between the extremely new and just released GTX 560TI-448 and FSX. I'm returning it (if possible), and going with the GTX 570 instead I think.

Oh wow, I didn't realize it was limited to only the newer drivers. I've been on 275.33 since it came out. Best driver ive found for 2d surround, not that that helps your problem any though.

Oh wow, I didn't realize it was limited to only the newer drivers. I've been on 275.33 since it came out. Best driver ive found for 2d surround, not that that helps your problem any though.
Well, perhaps it is possible to install those 275.xx drivers, but I haven't been able to find a driver that I can install. Because at the NVIDIA site, only the GTX 560TI is listed, and not the GTX 560TI-448. So I just downloaded the 275 drivers for the GTX 560TI, and when I try to install it, it says that it could not find a compatible NVIDIA device. However, if I try to install the 285 or 290 drivers it wall works fine.
Perhaps you could help me finding the 275.xx drivers that I can install with my card? Thanks in advance.

It's doubtful it would work if it isn't listed for your specific card. Have you tried richard's ground shadow suggestion?

It's doubtful it would work if it isn't listed for your specific card. Have you tried richard's ground shadow suggestion?
Yes, as I already said, Richard's ground scenery thing does unfortunately also not work. And also, my card, the GTX 560TI-448 is not even listed at all at the NVIDIA website. Only the GTX 560TI.