Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

FSUIPC ?

This might be a crazy question...does one need to update FSUIPC everytime a new version comes out?Belopez

This might be a crazy question...does one need to update FSUIPC everytime a new version comes out?Belopez
You don't have to - they are free however, so read the release notes and see if anything that has been fixed or added is useful to you.DJ

Hey Belopez, I thoroughly recommend updating the current versiuon, as Peter has included a fix that alleviates many dll. errors that cause CTDs!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Guest jahman

I update about once every 1-2 months.Cheers,- jahman.

Thanks guys;I just updated...I was hoping this would have aliviated a little loading issue I have...When I load FSX with my default flight, here at EKCH ( Dk) Rwy4...And when the 2D panle loads it takes about 40 secs for the panel to become active...it's kind of frozen for those seconds and even the mouse pointer doesn't work. RPM's at stuck at 800 in the default Cessna 172,when the idle RPM's should be at around 600...Then when they fall and I can use the mouse again everything else works ( Sound is active all the time) I wonder of I don't have an addons that is causing this annoying behaviour?I know my system is just to the mark for running FSX Accel.It's still runing though...

I admit to be an FSUIPC freak. I don't think I've missed any interim update for the last few years, lol! :lol:Even if I sometimes see no actual difference, I feel better somehow and trust Pete knows what he is doing.

Guest jahman
I admit to be an FSUIPC freak. I don't think I've missed any interim update for the last few years, lol! :lol:Even if I sometimes see no actual difference, I feel better somehow and trust Pete knows what he is doing.
That's like 150 updates a year!Cheers,- jahman.

A little off subject. How can I find out the exact files and locations generated when FSUIPC is installed. Thanks. Abe

Guest jahman
A little off subject. How can I find out the exact files and locations generated when FSUIPC is installed. Thanks. Abe
All the files are placed in the modules directory below your FSX directory.Cheers,- jahman.

That's like 150 updates a year!
You're saying FSUIPC has a new interim version every two days? :( Edited by Rafal

Just a note Pete D will NOT offer any support unless you have the latest build/version installed and its usually very easy to unzip the dl file and copy the resulting .dll file into the modules folder? All upgrades should be that easy.PeterH

You don't have to - they are free however, so read the release notes and see if anything that has been fixed or added is useful to you.DJ
I h wholeheartedly agree with this. The ctd fixes from the latest revisions solved my only remaining issue with FSX. Since I purchased Orbyx YBBN, i was never able to complete a flight into or out of the airport. Now, i can fly into and out at will with no crashes. Edited by cshark172

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

I keep seeing all these posts on FSUIPC, I guess I should seriously consider installing it.Only thing for me is, I never have a CTD in all the time I have had FSX - since it's release actually.My Cougar programming provides all the flexibility I need for programming my stick.Granted, the only addons I run are FSG Mesh, UTX, GEX, and REX2. I as of yet do not have any payware aircraft.However one thing I can think of, it would be nice to be able to set the batteries to not discharge while waiting at the gate to depart...

Guest jahman
You're saying FSUIPC has a new interim version every two days? :(
Every 2-1/2 days, on average, since Octiber 1, 2006.Cheers,- jahman.